Anthrax 'For All Kings' Review...

I wrote that because I remember reading an interview with Scott during the 'SOWN' era where he said the record felt forced and din't turn out the way they wanted it to.

I think Johnnie's right about both. Definitely SOE, but Scott has talked previously about thinking Joey's vocals on POT were dialled in (or something similar). I think it was along the lines of him not having the intensity on songs about racism and the like that he felt they needed.

Hoping this album is good as your review. Love some Anthrax. I wonder if Donais being in the band helped get a thrash-ier sound.

By the way, State of Euphoria isn't that bad.

I actually think the leak is going to help them,there is a real buzz around this record!,I think it will do just as well as megadeath if not better

Would be very surprised if it did as well as Dystopia. That's no slight on FAK either but rather Megadeth are seen as the bigger band in the mainstream. Megadeth will get mentioned in normal media circles whereas Anthrax rely heavily on the metal/rock niche networks.

Their album was up to number 6 here in Oz on the sales chart the other week.

I've never seen Anthrax do those numbers over here. Hope I'm proved wrong - if any band deserves a watershed moment it's Anthrax.

Well, they are both part of the big four. I think anyone interested in thrash knows when any of those bands are coming out with new material.I think the problem is consistency.Anthrax is the only member of the big four to really switch singers, couple that with musical changes I think it cuts down on the numbers. I think it will sell in the 20's. But they are going strong and hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Also add to the fact Megadeth pump out a new album nearly every 2 years of late. That helps (even if they are very hit and miss)

That is very very true. It will be interesting to see what Testaments album does as it's been a while for that too. Both Anthrax and Testament have been touring pretty heavily. I guess we'll see if all the shows pay off in sales or if it's better to put albums out more often. Not that it matters to most of us. The die hards.

Can't wait for this Friday to get my hands on FAK. I'll probably never listen to that 2nd Live CD (as I find them boring most times - wish they put out B sides to be honest) but if that extra bit of $$$ helps the band keep producing quality art then I'm all for it.

Reactions: mrthrax
Whe
Can't wait for this Friday to get my hands on FAK. I'll probably never listen to that 2nd Live CD (as I find them boring most times - wish they put out B sides to be honest) but if that extra bit of $$$ helps the band keep producing quality art then I'm all for it.

Where you purchasing mate??