Anthrax - In The End - Club Nokia Los Angeles 10/22/11 BRUTAL

I think In The End might be a little overrated simply for the fact that it's about Dime and Dio. If someone listened to that song and didn't know who the fuck Dime or Dio were, they'd likely mistaken it to be about a girl or some shit.

With that said, I still think it's a good song. The bridge part towards the end when it gets faster is awesome.

but could you picture this song done live with an orchestra behind it??? it would be killer just like Metallica did with the SF orchestra on no leaf clover.

Oh god... just what we need another Thrash metal band turning to an Orchestra. This song is not bad, but like the previous guy said if nobody knew what this was about it wouldn't be any big deal.

When they play this song live it's quite boring after they get about a minute into it.

Not every song needs a "Mosh Part". Just because people are still for a slower song, doesn't always mean they are not appreciating it, actually it can give the audience a breather so they can mosh the rest of the night. Again, it's not a single, not as well known as Fight em or TDYK, so there is that "new" factor still. Give it time.

Not every song needs a "Mosh Part". Just because people are still for a slower song, doesn't always mean they are not appreciating it, actually it can give the audience a breather so they can mosh the rest of the night. Again, it's not a single, not as well known as Fight em or TDYK, so there is that "new" factor still. Give it time.

And all of that being said, i have seen them play this twice now live and its not a great live song

Not a good live song? Did you watch the above vid??? Nothing wrong with the crowd here. It's only your opinoin that it's not good live, but looking at the crowd from that show, clearly you would be in the minority. Your taste dictates what you think of this song. Seems like as the song gets known more by the fans, it's getting a better response every show.

Just out of interest I posted a poll on the Metallica site: Best song on WM, listing all the tunes as options to vote on.

In The End won by a country mile, with Fight Em coming a clear 2nd.

Someone should put this poll on here giving us only 1 vote - it'd be interesting to see how it comes out. I'd do it but have no idea how!

Not a good live song? Did you watch the above vid??? Nothing wrong with the crowd here. It's only your opinoin that it's not good live, but looking at the crowd from that show, clearly you would be in the minority. Your taste dictates what you think of this song. Seems like as the song gets known more by the fans, it's getting a better response every show.

oh yea? you have been out to the shows? how many shows have you been to on this tour? yeah thats what I thought.

not saying its a bad song. saying when they have played it live it was semi boring. The same when they did Only. Not many of the fans were into it. I'm Alive went over a lot better

@irkland- its great you've manage to catch em a couple of time already during this new tour( i envy u) , sorry that u cant enjoy the show 100% though..hope they'll compensate u in a way or another bro..

Just out of interest I posted a poll on the Metallica site: Best song on WM, listing all the tunes as options to vote on.

In The End won by a country mile, with Fight Em coming a clear 2nd.

Someone should put this poll on here giving us only 1 vote - it'd be interesting to see how it comes out. I'd do it but have no idea how!

Half of Metallica's fans aren't even metal fans

Brutal? What the fuck is brutal about that video? No one's headbanging, everyone's just standing looking, sometimes showing the horns. The song is boring as fuck. Lame ass guitar riffs.

oh yea? you have been out to the shows? how many shows have you been to on this tour? yeah thats what I thought.

not saying its a bad song. saying when they have played it live it was semi boring. The same when they did Only. Not many of the fans were into it. I'm Alive went over a lot better

I'm in Austarlia, sorry I couldn't make the earlier part of the tour LOL. That youtube vid showed a pretty good response actually. I'm glad it's progressed from boring to semi boring ha. If you don't think it's good live, good for you, more power to ya, have a beer.

I'm in Austarlia, sorry I couldn't make the earlier part of the tour

Don't need to be sorry, just don't talk about these shows like you have been there or know how the crowd is reacting. Youtube is not real life. I have said I like the song. But live it doesn't go over that well. There are much better choices for a live song than this one. If they want to do a slower song do Intro to Reality and go into Belly of the Beast.