Anthrax Interview, Live @ Soundwave Sydney 2010

Notice how Scott says Worship Music will never see the light of day. That Sucks.

Yeah I heard that. What I hope he was meaning by that, was it wont see the light of day in it's current state. All the other interviews I've heard and read lead me to think it'll still come out but be revamped a lot. That's what I'm hoping.

Yeah I heard that. What I hope he was meaning by that, was it wont see the light of day in it's current state. All the other interviews I've heard and read lead me to think it'll still come out but be revamped a lot. That's what I'm hoping.

I think back then they were hoping that Bush would just retrack vocals but he clearly wants know part of that. Sounds like after these Sonisphere dates they will enter the studio for a 2011 release.

I think back then they were hoping that Bush would just retrack vocals but he clearly wants know part of that. Sounds like after these Sonisphere dates they will enter the studio for a 2011 release.
Bush has CLEARLY laid down the law, as to him coming back. Scott & Charlie need to know this. Without Bush, they are done. Let's hope they retrack a few songs with Bush, so we can hear what he brings to it....if not, we wait til next year.

I think even if they do release an EP, it won't be a simple case of retracking. They will rewrite the lyrics and vocal melodies completely. Maybe even change some song structures slightly. Then again I think that's basically what they would do for a full length anyway. I doubt they are going to completely throw away perfectly great, previously unheard guitar riffs.

I think even if they do release an EP, it won't be a simple case of retracking. They will rewrite the lyrics and vocal melodies completely. Maybe even change some song structures slightly. Then again I think that's basically what they would do for a full length anyway. I doubt they are going to completely throw away perfectly great, previously unheard guitar riffs.

They've recorded several cover tunes with Nelson to be used as B-Sides, They could easily retrack those covers and record a couple of originals for an E.P. for a June release.

It probably had a LOT to do with getting Frankie back, honestly. Joey Vera's an amazing bassist, but the backing vocals were sorely lacking, and it just wasn't exactly Anthrax anymore without Frankie.

Great interview thanks for posting it. Seeing the guys sitting there all chill and just stating the facts leaves me feeling like a douche bag for the bitching I did over the reunion tour. Any capacity there is for us to enjoy more Anthrax is enough for me.

I doubt they'll release a bunch of cover songs on the EP. Maybe one or something, but Anthrax usually stay pretty true to their cover songs, and it wouldn't really be a statement of where the band's at musically. If they release an EP for the Big 4 Tour, it will probably be more original material (though I could see them throwing New Noise or something on there).

I doubt they'll release a bunch of cover songs on the EP. Maybe one or something, but Anthrax usually stay pretty true to their cover songs, and it wouldn't really be a statement of where the band's at musically. If they release an EP for the Big 4 Tour, it will probably be more original material (though I could see them throwing New Noise or something on there).

Ya I know, I was digging deep on that one.

Nice to see them fucking be honest. I love John headbanging with his kids.