Anthrax Live The Island Years Re-Issue

LOL!! I was really surprised to see any Anthrax there. They also had WCFYA as well. Gotta say at least K-Mart has the balls to sell music marked with a parental advisory label unlike the Wal-Mart pansies...

ThraxMan

Yes, last time I ventured into K-Mart, I did check outta curiosity to see what they had for Anthrax and found one copy of this. That was it, but it was at least nice to see that. And quite cheap, too...
More than I can say for Wal-Mart. They suck. Outside of the AC/DC reissues, they have almost nothing of worth...

Wal-Mart scares me. Too big, too big I say. Kill small towns, that seems to be there mission. I live in a town of about 20,000 people, south of C-Bus. Wal-Mart is literally a stones throw from me. I'm looking at it now, right across the river. But I abhore the joint. I go to "Super K-Mart" all the time instead, help the little old school store. I think K-Marts days are numbered though. I hate to say it, but that joint ain't changed since it was Kresgys (am I the only board member that remembers that??)

I'm pleased K-mart is carrying Anthrax. As far as Wal-Mart's concern, they are killing small towns. Here in northern Michighan, we have supercentres everywhere and about 30 miles apart or so. Many old style Wal-Marts are being converted to the supercentre. It's really scares me because since Wal-Mart became a supercentre here, the grocery store I work at has been doing very poorly.

ThraxMan

ThraxMan said:
I'm pleased K-mart is carrying Anthrax. As far as Wal-Mart's concern, they are killing small towns. Here in northern Michighan, we have supercentres everywhere and about 30 miles apart or so. Many old style Wal-Marts are being converted to the supercentre. It's really scares me because since Wal-Mart became a supercentre here, the grocery store I work at has been doing very poorly.

ThraxMan

Bingo! I get all of my groceries (well most) at the local IGA. Fuck Wal-Mart. They have some shady business practices. They nearly forced Heinz into bankruptcy. I must admit I am somewhat hypocritical though, because I do visit Sams Club for a few items. But as soon as there is some competition to that store, I will start going there.

which reminds me of "Something Wal-Mart this way comes" a SP episode :)
btw I don´t have anything against The Island Years, but...who would reissue it and why?

Most of you know I work at a Kroger related store, King Soopers.
A few times, they had us go upstairs and they hooked us up to 'A Clockwork Orange' type thingys so our eyes remained open.
They made us watch anti-WalMart videos showing how 'evil' WalMart is (making employees work off the clock, paying employees half what I make at King Soopers, etc.) The store manager told us that, if you work for WalMart, your #1 benificiary is..... WalMart!
But that's the evolution of the grocery business. If WalMart takes over the world, and they probably will, then I'll just have to finally get a real job.

ian442 said:
well when i move im next to a little shop with booze....so milk bread and beer are a mere walk to the end of my yard....

im gonna like my new place. :D

I have two of those stores I can walk to but I usually drive anyway, also got a burger\burrito joint next to them and a killer pizza place to.

I worked at Wal-Mart the summer before my freshman year of college and its the worst job I've ever had. I've done a lot worse jobs in my life (harder, longer hours, shittier work) and working at Wal-Mart definitely sucked the most. I worked at a small chain (3 stores in NW Iowa) Farm&Home/Hardware store a couple summers later and the difference in the quality of my work experience was staggering. I now avoid Wal-Mart like the plague.

TD said:
Bingo! I get all of my groceries (well most) at the local IGA. Fuck Wal-Mart. They have some shady business practices. They nearly forced Heinz into bankruptcy. I must admit I am somewhat hypocritical though, because I do visit Sams Club for a few items. But as soon as there is some competition to that store, I will start going there.
Yeah, I must admit I work for Sam's Club but I hate the company. They truly are everything that people hate about them. They pay me $17 bucks an hour though and I really don't work that hard, just a lot of responsibility as a team leader. I don't work there out of choice, just lack of options. Management doesn't yell at me cause they know I'm psycho and I'll go off at any minute, and they don't want me in management cause they also know I'm psycho and I'll go off. So I'm just a happy team leader, so when the people under me suck, I just go off. Cause I'm psycho. And they know it. So they leave me alone. I can handle that. Hey, here in Florida, I always say, "It's better than construction". I'll be damned if I do roofing in 100+ degrees, my friends do that, no fucking way. Fuck Wal-Mart, but all of us know that's where we'll always go to find shit. I'll never get laid off ever.

The thing I hate most at wal-mart are the long lines and only 3-4 lanes open. I also hate that they never have and cd's I really want. That sucks expecialy when I only have 1 or 2 things. The only other store to go to besides wal-mart around here is Meijers. I go shop where the prices are cheap, I don't give a shit.

man, i wish the k-mart where i lived had anthrax cds. The k-mart here isnt that far off from a wal-mart anyway. A shitty selection of cds. the only thing i was surprised to see at k-mart was ICP and twiztid.

Are there really going to be remasters of anthrax cds. i dont think it would be good cause i dont wanna buy their entire catalog all over again. i had enough trouble rounding up the bucks to buy the first ones !!

in germany wal mart are realy shit stores nobody realy likes them and they make a big loss here!
but i like the us ones against the german ones

i dont think this are remasters, this are just reprints because the old have been sold out