Anthrax--new definition of POSER

EerieVon

Dec 4, 2006
Syracuse, NY
Anthrax sold out and went with corey from Slipknot, nothing like trying to make a cashgrab for the 14 year old crowd. Atleast your album will sell better than anything done in the last 10 years or so. And what happens when Corey goes back to Slipknot or S.S--both of which are arena and platnum selling acts? Give it up, its nolonger anthrax and the only you and charlie are accomplishing is ruining the legacy that was anthrax

to quote slipknot:

"anthrax=shit"
or
"anthrax=sellouts"

Atleast Corey should feel at home having to wear a "uniform" although Anthraxs uniform is a tad more gay than SK jumpsuit

If Scott truly wants to be in a big band why doesnt he just make this complete and fire Charlie and hire Joey Jordison, hire Mick as 2nd guitar, and get the SK bassist.

This actually shoudnt come as a surprise, considering the past..

--Gave up jams/shorts because they werent taken seriously

--Dropped Joey in favor of a more "agressive", alternative sounding singer

--Dropped the thrash sound for a more mainstream sound with SOWN

--dropped the mainstream sound and adopted more Pantera ish metal mainstream sound

--saw the reunion trend and jumped on that bandwagon

--burned bridges with all former singers (except turbin), and hired more youth orientated/numetalish singer

They have a uniform shirt they wear wit hthere last name and some kinda number on the back--like baseball players

Actually, it's just a t-shirt. It's not like their out there on stage in full stage makeup like KISS.

I'm glad I never gave a drop of piss one way or the other about Assrash other than the occasional song here and there and S.O.W.N.

How many times have they become a parody of themselves following current musical trends?

MY favorite retard lyric:

Medusa: she's looking at you
Medusa: with her eyes

What is she supposed to look at you with? the boils on her ass?????? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I am just playing devil's advocate or what. I don't see Corey contributing to the band as a bad thing. Think about it. You get the best of both worlds (I don't mean chix with dicks). I mean Corey is more than capable of handling the Belladona type vocals as well as the deeper toned Bush ones. The only difference is he isn't tone deaf like Joey. If the music blows, I will then proceed to toss them under the bus.
Besides, shouldn't we all have reassessed our outlook on Anthrax when they produced I AM THE MAN? That was the sellout.

I don't know if I am just playing devil's advocate or what. I don't see Corey contributing to the band as a bad thing. Think about it. You get the best of both worlds (I don't mean chix with dicks). I mean Corey is more than capable of handling the Belladona type vocals as well as the deeper toned Bush ones. The only difference is he isn't tone deaf like Joey. If the music blows, I will then proceed to toss them under the bus.
Besides, shouldn't we all have reassessed our outlook on Anthrax when they produced I AM THE MAN? That was the sellout.

I always thought Joey was off key...glad to see someone agrees.

I Am The Man...that was total sellout...certainly not the ground breaking rap-metal melding that some make it out to be. That's nonsense.

I Am The Man...that was total sellout...certainly not the ground breaking rap-metal melding that some make it out to be. That's nonsense.

B-b-b-but that's their best song! I went outta my way to memorize it! Wuz spouting it in the school hallways, especially whenever someone who liked Def Leppard or Bon Jovi came into view!

Man... I am bummed out.

Jurched

B-b-b-but that's their best song! I went outta my way to memorize it! Wuz spouting it in the school hallways, especially whenever someone who liked Def Leppard or Bon Jovi came into view!

Man... I am bummed out.

Jurched

Sorry to burst your bubble, Jurched...guess you weren't as cool as you thought you were.:lol:

But you were at least a bit wiggerish.

I always thought Joey was off key...glad to see someone agrees.QUOTE]

I ain't going to lie to anyone. I still regularly listen to Spreading the Disease and occaisionally Among the Living. I like the music but Joey's vocals are painfully off key at times. When I was a kid and listened to it. I just thought it was by design. Then I saw them live. I think only Vince Neil sounds worse live.

I always thought Joey was off key...glad to see someone agrees.QUOTE]

I ain't going to lie to anyone. I still regularly listen to Spreading the Disease and occaisionally Among the Living. I like the music but Joey's vocals are painfully off key at times. When I was a kid and listened to it. I just thought it was by design. Then I saw them live. I think only Vince Neil sounds worse live.

Yeah...it was pretty bad...another singer like that is the dude from Fates Warning...I don't know his name...there's something just not quite right there...I tried three albums with them but just gave up...I listen to Parallels once in a while.

As for the "Joey vs. John" debate I've seen here for years...I mean, come on...is it really any contest?