Anthrax--new definition of POSER

Yeah...it was pretty bad...another singer like that is the dude from Fates Warning...I don't know his name...there's something just not quite right there...I tried three albums with them but just gave up...I listen to Parallels once in a while.

C'mon, Schenk!!! I know I was a bit wiggerish in high school, but that was already a decade and a half ago! Cut me some slack! Don't be targeting FATES WARNING like that. You know its like an arrow stuck through in my temples!

Well, I mean, granted, Ray Alder's voice breaks in the first line of the first song on "No Exit" which is never a good way to start an album.

But I've listened to "Perfect Symmetry" about 584 times and cannot recall his voice breaking.

"Parallels," however...

All right..., Alder's voice tends to break like a harp tumbling down a flight of stairs. I admit it. But that doesn't mean FATES ain't worth listening to!

Jurched

Ummm, no. Since when did they HAVE to wear them? I've seen Anthrax a few times and they were wearing regular clothes and not uniforms as you put it. Yeah, they have worn them a few times but who really fucking cares?

If more than one person wear it, its worn on a consistant basis, and has a logo associated with the band--oh the the "pentathrax"-how original having a pentgram for a your symbol-yet another thing that screams of Scotts total lack of imagination, but anyways its a uniform, they wore them on the tour before the reunion, and the reunion, hell tehy even made the Shadows Fall drummer wear one, I'm sorry if its the uinform you're used to-but its a uniform none the less. BTW, I dont really care they wear a uniform but its just one more lame aspect of anthraxs ever decreasing career.

Fah--I always felt Joeys vocals, abit off key, gave Anthrax a dimension to their sound that the other thrash bands lacked. Spreading was a great album

C'mon, Schenk!!! I know I was a bit wiggerish in high school, but that was already a decade and a half ago! Cut me some slack! Don't be targeting FATES WARNING like that. You know its like an arrow stuck through in my temples!

Well, I mean, granted, Ray Alder's voice breaks in the first line of the first song on "No Exit" which is never a good way to start an album.

But I've listened to "Perfect Symmetry" about 584 times and cannot recall his voice breaking.

"Parallels," however...

All right..., Alder's voice tends to break like a harp tumbling down a flight of stairs. I admit it. But that doesn't mean FATES ain't worth listening to!

Jurched

Fates-great band, well atleast their early stuff. The only thing I like with Ray is No Exit but I love Awaken with John Arch

"Parallels," however...

Jurched

Don't take it personally Jurched...it wasn't an attack...I know you're a Fates Warning fanboy.:lol:

I'd like to hear Ray Adler and Joey Belladona do a duet...I think I'd go deaf.:zombie:...or at least wish I was.

Yeah...it was pretty bad...another singer like that is the dude from Fates Warning...I don't know his name...there's something just not quite right there...I tried three albums with them but just gave up...I listen to Parallels once in a while.

As for the "Joey vs. John" debate I've seen here for years...I mean, come on...is it really any contest?

I could not agree more. I like John a lot more than Joey but, I don't really compare the two. Thrax w/Joe and Thrax w/John are like two completely different bands to me. After Joey left, more than just the singer changed. The music, lyrics and production of their studio stuff changed dramatically. With Joey, they were a good metal band, bordering (barely) on thrash. With John I thought they were a good hard rock band, bordering on metal. Two completely different bands to me.

I could not agree more. I like John a lot more than Joey but, I don't really compare the two. Thrax w/Joe and Thrax w/John are like two completely different bands to me. After Joey left, more than just the singer changed. The music, lyrics and production of their studio stuff changed dramatically. With Joey, they were a good metal band, bordering (barely) on thrash. With John I thought they were a good hard rock band, bordering on metal. Two completely different bands to me.

Yeah...I get kinda sea sick listening to Joey warble.:puke:

The other dude sings ok...with another band he'd be fine...I never got into Armored Saint, but I've been interested in finding another band, old or new.

I still think the chef's hats would make all the difference.

I agree, but to take that one step further, if you have seen the movie better off dead, I would like to see them in these chef hats

lane32.jpg

I could not agree more. I like John a lot more than Joey but, I don't really compare the two. Thrax w/Joe and Thrax w/John are like two completely different bands to me.

I agree. It's like night and day. IMHO they should have changed the name. They could have still played some "Anthrax" material. Hell, I remember all the bitching and moaning when Bush became the singer and I'd hear people say how it's not Anthrax without Joey. And now.................