Anthrax played a concert in NYC, and a Carson show broke out

Johnny Ace

Assistant John Kalodner
Feb 8, 2002
22 Acacia Ave. Parts Unknown
HOLY SHIT!!!! ANTHRAX OWNED!!!! Anytime Carson mentioned their name during the show, they got a bigger pop than he did. No joke, it was a 95% Anthrax crowd. By the end of Safe Home, everyone was singing along. Even the non-Anthrax fans were getting into it. It was a real special event. It sounds hokey, but you could feel the energy coming off it. The band was great, and you could tell they were having a good time.

I hope NBC is smart and has them back for Conan or SNL. Not only do they blow other bands off the stage, but they stomp on the hosts, too.

The airdate is on 10/29... the production people announced it tonight.

It'd be cool if this kinda footage makes a compilation DVD or something, seperate from a live concert DVD.

ThraxDude said:
Did you guys get to meet Slick66 (Billy Jr)?
Nope. But I did chat with Alex for a bit and met his brothers. The crowd was awesome! Mullets and skinheads, hardcore and lounge core. Everyone was in a great mood Carson was almost funny. Danny Aiello was hilarious a real class act. And Drea Dematello keeps her dogs balls in a jar of phermaldihyde??? What the fuck is up with that brod.

Bush was in top form. Frank sounded awesome. Charlie played a little lead. Scott was Scott and Rob fuckin shredded! He made most other lead guitarists look like shit the way he played safe home…. All in all it was a great show. I just wish they played more then one tune. By the way was it just me or where a couple of folks in line breaking some really bad wind.

prime666 said:
By the way was it just me or where a couple of folks in line breaking some really bad wind.
So you were standing behind me? Haha. Yeah, there were lots of corn chowder farts and non-showered bodies floating around.

Where was everybody? I always miss the board people at NYC events.

I wished they played more than one tune too. I'm not a big fan of Carson's but in retrospect, it would have been impossible for any of us to get in if they have played Conan. Who is way more funny. By the way prime, we ended up getting kicked out of a couple of bars before we found one that would serve my kid brother. Watched the game and got lit up until 2 in the morning. Every bald head I saw, I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't Ian. Also I bought some weed accessories. It was great. Spent like 300 bucks on the trip. We got home from NYC at about 630 this morning and I just now woke up at 1pm. Gotta work at 4. I'd do it all over again.

Johnny Ace said:
So you were standing behind me? Haha. Yeah, there were lots of corn chowder farts and non-showered bodies floating around.

Where was everybody? I always miss the board people at NYC events.
I was the guy in the thraxagram shirt wearing a half military trench coat, sporting all black. DUDE! I dont know what the fuck it was. But if that was you spewing that toxic cloud from your ass you really need to see a Doctor!

Sup guys... Billy JR ??? umm.. I don't think so... but anyway... Johnny Ace is sooo right on it was really cool to see everyone give it up for Anthrax like they did It was a cool thing to see Anthrax doing something different for a change.. I'd much rather see them loud, but I've been to enough shows this year and this was cool, for any Anthrax fan that was there it was a very special night. Oh and to the kid that I meet backstage at the Anthrax show in Providence I will get those pics that Scott Ian took of your SOD tats online soon.... just have to get the clearence first from the main man.

Peace out to all !!!!

Next Wednesday Anthrax on Carson !!!!

xxslick66xx said:
Sup guys... Billy JR ??? umm.. I don't think so... but anyway... Johnny Ace is sooo right on it was really cool to see everyone give it up for Anthrax like they did It was a cool thing to see Anthrax doing something different for a change.. I'd much rather see them loud, but I've been to enough shows this year and this was cool, for any Anthrax fan that was there it was a very special night. Oh and to the kid that I meet backstage at the Anthrax show in Providence I will get those pics that Scott Ian took of your SOD tats online soon.... just have to get the clearence first from the main man.

Peace out to all !!!!

Next Wednesday Anthrax on Carson !!!!
I loved every second of the performance. I've seen Anthrax in a sweaty, loud, energetic evironment many, many a time. It was really cool to see Charlie play guitar. Scott "unplugged" is something you don't see too often.