Anthrax spotted in movie from the past!!!

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Hey lads

was watching some old crappy film on Australia's own Foxtel network, a film called `Toy Soliders' with a thinner and younger, Sean Astin (Sam from LOTR) and lo and behold to my surprise in one scene right there smack back on the bedroom wall of one of the characters is a HUGE poster of the cover artwork from POT :D ... fantastic!

Can u guys think of any films where Anthrax have been mentioned or shown. I remember that 80s Heavy Metal Horror Film whose names eludes me with that skippy guy from Family Ties where a dead lead singer of a Satanic Metal band comes back to do some devilish deeds. I remember seeing the armed & dangerous poster on the wall of his bedroom in that film.

BTW lovely of the Grammys to once again ignore our beloved band! FUCK EM!

Cincy Vigilante said:
Are you talking about Trick or Treat?

AHA!!!!!!!!! Yes thats the name of fucking film! Finally I can die happy now with my new found knowledge!

It was Return of the Living Dead Part II and
Yeah its in the scene where they throw the beef brains off the back of the meat truck.

BIGPHAT442 said:
Giovanni Ribisi's character on Friends wore an Anthrax shirt.
Is that Phoebe's brother? I'm assuming so because I remember the episode, albeit it wasn't very flattering(for Anthrax) because he was a fucked up loser on that and subsequent episodes and to me it seemed like they were saying only fucked up losers would endorse Anthrax.

Oh well, any publicity is good publicity I suppose.

I remember Joey was in an old cheesy horror flick called "Pledge Night" He played some guy who gets his face burnt off with acid and goes mad and kills people, lol. It's been years since I've seen it so I can't remember much about it but I know it sucked real bad.

Alright...this is the best spot....I noticed it when I was kid watching "Elvira:Mistress of the Dark'' . In the first 20 seconds of the movie, when all you see is a suitcase covered in Metal stickers. The biggest and most obvious one was "Anthrax" in a red logo. Pretty sweet. Elvira has been cooler to me ever since.

I remember watching some Return Of The Living Dead and in the credits there was Anthrax: I'm The Man listed. Then I watched the fucking movie over and over again and just didn't hear it.

johnnieCzech said:
I remember watching some Return Of The Living Dead and in the credits there was Anthrax: I'm The Man listed. Then I watched the fucking movie over and over again and just didn't hear it.
If I remember right I'm the Man was placed on the soundtrack for the film.

i think i saw a kid in Pump Up the Volume wearing an Anthrax shirt but it was at a distance. i think it looked like the bullseye shirt that made