Anthrax to play in Scotland?

Cool, if you've never been to the barra's it's well worth the trip. It looks like a gay disco in one of the dodgier area's of Glasgow but a fantastic concert venue. I'll probably take the thursday and the friday off. Gimmie a shout if u want a heads up on were to stay...

We wanted to go and see Thrax the last two times they played Glasgow, but couldn't get tix in time. We'll start planning now Jockthrax and keep you posted. A few of my mates have been to the Barras before I think, so they'll probably have a few ideas as to where to stay etc, but if I need any help, I'll get in touch.

haha yeah its in a well dodgy area and looks a well dodgy disco venue but bands love it!. im so happy they picked it for their only UK show

It's not been advertised yet, it's difficult to judge the Barras sometimes it sells out in days sometimes not at all. This looks like the only date in the UK though so it may sell pretty quick ???? Who knows ????

Jockthrax, looks at the moment very likely we will be coming over for the gig, but will be heading home straight after. If you say its in a kinda dodgy area, I take it there is somewhere nearby we can safely park a car? Once the tickets are purchased, I'll let you know, and we'll be in touch for directions etc, and arrange to meet up with the Glasgow Thraxers for a pint or two. I thought a mate of mine had been to the Barras before, but it was The Garage he was at.

Ah you'll love it. It's the full-on Glasgow experience!

I saw Anthrax at the Barras in 1988. My mates and I all went into a pub called the Saracen Heid across the road and it scared the living shit out of us (we were only young!) there was a gut in his 70s running around the bar hitting things with karate chops and shouting "hands of death"...

It's a great venue though.

Ulster Mosher said:
Jockthrax, looks at the moment very likely we will be coming over for the gig, but will be heading home straight after. If you say its in a kinda dodgy area, I take it there is somewhere nearby we can safely park a car? Once the tickets are purchased, I'll let you know, and we'll be in touch for directions etc, and arrange to meet up with the Glasgow Thraxers for a pint or two. I thought a mate of mine had been to the Barras before, but it was The Garage he was at.

Hmmmmmmmm parking the car safely??? :erk:

Ulster Mosher said:
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to Ireland, please. :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Have you ever heard of the band Throat? They are from Ireland and I got absolutely smashed with the guys(they were opening for Clutch). You damn Irish do live up to the stereotype of being drinkers if those guys are any indication of what the Irish are like. Anyways, they were really cool guys and they kept telling me that I look like a young Neil Fallon...it was too funny

Ulster Mosher said:
Oh, and still now news of the Dublin date. If they are playing Chicage on May 1st, Glasgow on May 5th, and Eindhoven on May 7th, I just wonder where they'll fit it in. Possibly before Download?

According to ticketmaster.co.uk they are at the Ambassador theatre Dublin 4th May

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Have you ever heard of the band Throat? They are from Ireland and I got absolutely smashed with the guys(they were opening for Clutch). You damn Irish do live up to the stereotype of being drinkers if those guys are any indication of what the Irish are like. Anyways, they were really cool guys and they kept telling me that I look like a young Neil Fallon...it was too funny
Never heard of Throat, must look them out. I thought everyone knows what the Irish are like for drinking. Its not a stereotype, its a way of life. :tickled: