Anthrax touring Australia next march

So the Adelaide gig has been relocated to a smaller venue ... well same location (Adelaide Entertainment Centre) but moved from the main arena to the smaller theatre venue.

I guess ticket sales haven't been that good. The main arena would hold about 10,000 all up whereas the smaller theatre only about 2,000.

So the Adelaide gig has been relocated to a smaller venue ... well same location (Adelaide Entertainment Centre) but moved from the main arena to the smaller theatre venue.

I guess ticket sales haven't been that good. The main arena would hold about 10,000 all up whereas the smaller theatre only about 2,000.

that's the downside of sideshows too I guess,dont the Adelaide people always complain no one goes there?,not being rude.

Well here's my take on it.... This show was booked for the AEC Arena where it holds a capacity of 10K. Now it's moved to the theatre - which holds 3K GA.

They'd play a venue expecting a 10K attendance in Sydney or Melbourne which have populations 4-5 times the size of Adelaide.

So it kind of makes sense to play a smaller venue in a city with about a quarter of the population of those places, doesn't it?

that's probably a fair assessment,being slayers last gig I still a bit shocked though, although I wouldn't travel too see a co headline gig when I get see the same thing at download,obviusly slayer will play a longer gig but cant justify going to see anthrax as a support at a sideshow, its not happening in Sydney anyway lol

Download just released set times,overall very happy but just wish anthrax got longer than 45 mins,on a positive note they are playing when there isn’t really any good bands on so the crowd will flock to them

Bit late on this but the Slayer/Anthrax gig was awesome.
Always good to bump into @timmyc ...

My best mate scored a Benante drum stick! Anthrax were super slick and high octane but for me that setlist was rather poor ... do we really need Got the Time and Antisocial anymore? C'mon guys you have songs like In My World or Belly of the Beast from POT you could do or maybe some more off WM or FAK. Still though... they left a big smile on my face. Joey is incredible ... 58 and still sounds incredible live.

Slayer were just incredibly brutal. I will forever remember Tom post gig just standing there in silence looking out at the crowd, taking it all in. Farewell you beautiful brutal bastards - you will be missed.

Reactions: timmyc
Nice review Wayne!!! Was a great night although I was too smashed to remember much of it, hahaha. Was good seeing you...... I just realised I have changed my phone number and didn't send it!!!! I wanna see that pic you took!!!!!

Bit late on this but the Slayer/Anthrax gig was awesome.
Always good to bump into @timmyc ...

My best mate scored a Benante drum stick! Anthrax were super slick and high octane but for me that setlist was rather poor ... do we really need Got the Time and Antisocial anymore? C'mon guys you have songs like In My World or Belly of the Beast from POT you could do or maybe some more off WM or FAK. Still though... they left a big smile on my face. Joey is incredible ... 58 and still sounds incredible live.

Slayer were just incredibly brutal. I will forever remember Tom post gig just standing there in silence looking out at the crowd, taking it all in. Farewell you beautiful brutal bastards - you will be missed.

I actually didn't mind the usual covers but I felt I am the law hasn't ages so well, its a long song and I found it dragged,suprised they didn't play breathing lighting,what sort of time did they have supporting slayer,they had 45 mins at download, we may get a headline sooner than later as they had to cancel nz show, hears hoping because we really need a headline tour, the crowds they had at download were awesome

Reactions: aliasp
Anthrax played for about 45 mins.

Good call on the return to NZ could mean a proper headline tour here as well. Like you said we need one!!!

Reactions: timmyc