Anthrax's new guitarist

NotManDoug

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2003
NYC
ice-age.com
I'm new to the board, but a fan of Anthrax since 1987. What does everyone here know about Rob Caggiano. I knew a guy from Yonkers by the same name who was a HUGELY talented guitarist and studying music at Berklee. Any chance that this is the same guy??

Well, does this look like him?
IMG_2324.jpg

I think he's the guy you knew or do you believe that there are so many guitar-players with the name Rob Caggiano in NYC?
Scott recently said in an interview that they have been knowing Rob for a long time.

Welcome to the board!

rob caggiano, can't be too much of a friend if you are only aware of him now, he was in boiler room before anthrax, so been touring a while now

and dude john bush is stilled called the new singer, 10 years on !!!!!! so rob is gonna have it for at least another 9 years.

i never liked the new bass player ;) hee hee

nah man fuck all that 'he's new i don't like him' bullshit, once u a member of tharx you a member and thats it, rob fuckin rules !!!!!! way classy live and seriously talented.... top top top dude as well.....

danny who!?!?!

This is Rob "The Mob" Caggiano, the one and only. Rob was super talented when I met him ten years ago. I can only IMAGINE how much better he is now. Rob used to hang/jam with myself and our good friend Matt Sampson. Man, I would love to get in touch with him and congratulate him on his success! :headbang:

wel l postin gon here is a good way to start ;) popping in to see em and waving at him on tour might help out too ;)

Doug-
I would suggest e-mailing Charlie chief@anthrax.com
Tell him what you told us, maybe he can hook you up with Rob's e-mail or something.....
Rob is a fucking great guy. I met him in Denver last year.

I heard that Joe Stump, another excellent NYC shredder said that he taught at Berklee and that Rob Caggiano is an awesome guitarist! So I guess this is yet another confirmation that it he is what you think he is ... does this make any sense ? :)

anthrax_moshing_maniac said:
He's really good. Welcome to the board.
But why do people say he's new he's been in the band way over a year.

Gee, I wonder.
Scott formed Anthrax in 1981.
Charlie joined in 1983.
Frank joined in 1984.
John joined in 1992.
Rob joined in 2001 and has just appeared on his first Anthrax album.

He's new!

Lordlindsey said:
Who was the drummer from 81 to 83?
I'm assuming this was their high school era?
It's almost comical to think of Anthrax without Charlie isn't it?

Gregg D'Angelo was the drummer. He joined White Lion then, and I guess he had something with Ozzy for a little while. He might have played on the Soldiers Of Metal single, one song out of two. But I'm just guessing.