Anti Kamelot?

MaxDuo

Sep 19, 2004
Were a lot of people around you / you really against Kamelot? I was looking forward to them a lot, and think they are awesome... But there were like 3 guys behind me complaining about Kamelot, and being like "What the Hell" about them. One guy to me left fell asleep!!!! While his friend looked miserable and angry.... My friend sat to my right, and he said the guy next to him hated them.

I mean... I've always liked them and enjoyed them..... I don't see why I was surrounded by people who hated them and all..... I sure hope it isn't that most people were against them for being a different type of band......

MaxDuo said:
Were a lot of people around you / you really against Kamelot? I was looking forward to them a lot, and think they are awesome... But there were like 3 guys behind me complaining about Kamelot, and being like "What the Hell" about them. One guy to me left fell asleep!!!! While his friend looked miserable and angry.... My friend sat to my right, and he said the guy next to him hated them.

I mean... I've always liked them and enjoyed them..... I don't see why I was surrounded by people who hated them and all..... I sure hope it isn't that most people were against them for being a different type of band......

I dont really know their music and I would have watched them and Prolly enjoyed them But I was hanging out in the Hall way With the TM boys .... I have nothing Against them ... but it is awful rude of folks to piss and moan ... if they didnt like them they should have gone out and Smoked/Ate a burger/Bought cds .... its not like there wasnt plenty to do .... but some people like to be Miserable ... hahaha sorry ADD kicking in ... Basiclly I have nothing against them and I feel kind of bad I missed them .. I hung out with the Bass Player and bought him a Soda at the grenada Very nice guy! :D

considering the main reason i came to PP was to see Kamelot, i thought they were awesome also. i was not into POS, but i was not rude about it. they were just my style of music. but they did not suck. i mean come on, these are ALL GREAT bands or they would not be there right! one thing i did get out of this was alot more of listening material. :)

Kamelot has the most incredible singer in the genre of music known as Prog Power. They put on a spectacular performance and were my favorite band at the show. Roy Khan is a vocal god who cannot be matched. I can only hope they return for PP VII. A bi-yearly inviation is quite alright with me as I never get to see them and they are from Florida except for Khan.

nightwish58 said:
Kamelot has the most incredible singer in the genre of music known as Prog Power. They put on a spectacular performance and were my favorite band at the show. Roy Khan is a vocal god who cannot be matched. I can only hope they return for PP VII. A bi-yearly inviation is quite alright with me as I never get to see them and they are from Florida except for Khan.
I wasn't as enthusiastic about their show as you, but I totally agree with ya about Roy Khan... THE best Power Metal singer around... It was great to see him live again!

I only went to ProgPower for Kamelot also..I think they're amazing. I didn't see any anti-Kamelot, but I did notice that some people were just not so excited about them as I expected--especially since they had a longer set than other bands..That really is disappointing that people can't keep to themselves if they aren't feeling the band..

BTW, Roy Khan rules the world!! :D

Hey Max,

Where were you sitting? I was sitting in the very back and so were my friends. I personally did not like their set because we all felt that Roy was having serious problems. Do not get me wrong, I love their albums and have been a fan for going on 6 years now. Maybe he had a really off night, my friend said that it looked like he was in physical pain for many of the songs and so did another random person we met on the way to lunch the next day. Sitting in the back gave me a very analytical perspective and I noticed that he couldnt hit any of the high notes and kept pulling the mic away (although it did look like he was doing it accidentally and not on purpose) a bunch of the time during long notes. I really want to see them again because I sincerely think that they can do better than that. ALOT better. Musically, they were tight, Thomas was playing on target as was Casey Glen and Gunter so I cant complain about that. I do think that maybe the addition of a second live rhythm guitarist could beef the sound up a bit but other than that I couldnt complain about the musical section of the group.

Ben

I love the band and Roy Kahn. This was my first time seeing them live. I hope they play PP again in the future and get a chance to finally do a US tour.

Personally, I don't need to see a band do cartwheels and backflips on stage to enjoy a band's set. Some music just doesn't lend itself to that type of presentation. The musicianship is my primary interest. If the vocalist wants to run around in the audience, then that is cool too, but not required.

Shadow_Angel said:
I only went to ProgPower for Kamelot also..I think they're amazing. I didn't see any anti-Kamelot, but I did notice that some people were just not so excited about them as I expected--especially since they had a longer set than other bands..That really is disappointing that people can't keep to themselves if they aren't feeling the band..

BTW, Roy Khan rules the world!! :D
I also went specifically for Kamelot, yes Roy had some problems but I dont care. The band was great!

Jase

dargormudshark said:
I nthought they had an awesome set, it was in my top four

Same here, Tad Morose ruled but Kamelot was the class of the festival. I think some of the negativity is coming from jealous musicians. Sad,,,I did not like POS but why take the time tear them apart. They have their fans like Kamelot. Kamelot was great and I would like to see them back in two years!

JOJO

Daybreaker,
I was on the middle left side (when looking at the stage). Around the middle of the seats too... The guys that were making their comments against the band like, "What the Hell is this crap" or whatever it was were about 3/4 of the way up.

True, Roy's voice did crack when he sang, but I still felt like he did a really good job. They were one of my most looked forward to bands. I looked forward to Adagio a lot, and was really disappointed that you could hardly hear the singer over the guitar amps :( Wuthering Heights had about the same problem until the sound guy seemed to just turn everything up (and from my view it looked like most everything was up to max.... well, the sliders at least, couldn't see the gain or anything...)...

I was hungry and needed to eat on the 2nd day, and said we should either leave before Brainstorm or Tad Morose... I wasn't too familiar with either band, and that was about the time I usually eat at college.... So it seemed a semi good time as long as we rushed back. I'm sad I missed Brainstorm from how awesome they were when I got in though. Tad Morose did seem a bit dull to me in the beginning.. But they got more entertaining (maybe part of it came from all 3 being on guitar and not being able to walk away from their mics much?)... Listened to their cd on the way home and found it amazing.

But really, I was annoyed that I seemed surrounded by people who hated Kamelot... Then again, I think I remeber hearing some guy cheer "YES" when Tad Morose was leaving.. Which annoyed me....

I don't know what you are talking about-- Kamelot was awesome!! They were my fave band of the festival-- Khan was safe and hitting the notes that he could safely hit on an incredible set list-- He was not in pain as some of you described. He is truely an intense performer who was feeling what he was singing. Nobody can argue the emotive qualities in his voice, and with his compelling stage presence, he has ascended in the echelon of the all-time metal gods in my opinion.

We flew down from Toronto to see mainly KAMELOT. Epica is my favorite album of 2003!
They ruled, those haters must have been heavy, heavy fans. Kamelot had the great lights, sounds, special guests. They were very cool to the fans at the signing session, staying far past the time aloted.

Julie

dhatchell said:
I don't know what you are talking about-- Kamelot was awesome!! They were my fave band of the festival-- Khan was safe and hitting the notes that he could safely hit on an incredible set list-- He was not in pain as some of you described. He is truely an intense performer who was feeling what he was singing. Nobody can argue the emotive qualities in his voice, and with his compelling stage presence, he has ascended in the echelon of the all-time metal gods in my opinion.

Oh, I thought he did great as well. And you can't deny him having emotion in his voice. I didn't think he cracked too badly, but my friend said his voice was cracking a lot. I just saw it as him singing with a ton of emotion. But I think part of it may just be his voice cracking from putting a lot of emotion into it.. I didn't think he looked like he was in pain, but for some notes it seemed almost like he was going to cry or something.

Hahaha, Proggoddess, that's awesome!