Kamelot announces new Singer

Oh I know, I just think like, the concern about Seventh Wonder is kind of weird.

Yeah, I mean if there's a band you really like with a singer that plays a huge part in making that band great, then it is really weird to be concerned about that band's future if you see that the singer is now going to be part of another more commercially successful band. So weird.

Yeah, I mean if there's a band you really like with a singer that plays a huge part in making that band great, then it is really weird to be concerned about that band's future if you see that the singer is now going to be part of another more commercially successful band. So weird.

Not really weird to show concern, as you said about a band alot of people really like, and care about.

I took his comment as pure sarcasm. I could be wrong.
Yes it was sarcastic, sorry if I mislead anyone :). Sure, Seventh Wonder aren't as big or active with touring as Kamelot and don't have as many fans, but what fans the band does have will still be just concerned about how the singer joining another band will affect their future prospects as would the fans of any band. Don't see what's weird about that.

Glad for Tommy Karevik to get this opportunity and hopefully, even though he isn't Roy Khan, he won't let down the Kamelot fans and they'll come to appreciate his voice. I quite like Kamelot and with this change I'll be really looking forward to anything new from them (I'd have checked out their new stuff anyway but I wouldn't really have been anticipating it since the last two albums didn't really stick with me). But Seventh Wonder are one of my absolute favourites, and if their last two albums are anything to go by they are in their prime for producing new music, so my main thought from this is hoping that this doesn't mean the end for them , even though I know that having your singer join a new, even bigger and more demanding (from a touring perspective) band is dangerous territory.

From Gate Studio, Germany

Hello Everyone!

I am truly happy to finally get to write these words to you...
It is with great respect I look at the things Kamelot has achieved over the years, both in terms of songwriting and when it comes to reaching out to the heart of the listener. Changing a singer is always a big thing for a band and even more so when you had a singer like Roy. But although I am humble before the task ahead, I am also strongly confident in the new material and in the future to come! I am so honored to now be a part of the family and I can't wait to move into the new era of the band together with the guys. You can rest assured I will give it my all!
From this day, a new journey has begun and I am really eager to meet you all along the way to share with you my passion for this music.

I believe in this so thank you for believing in me!

All the love/ Yours sincerely

Tommy Karevik

209010_10150919056093003_2121926364_n.jpg

I think people are just overreacting a bit to the Seventh Wonder thing. I'm pretty sure what Aeonic meant simply is it's weird to be concerned when his original band (SW) isn't very time intensive, whereas Kamelot will be. It's certainly doable from where I'm sitting for him to do both. I see this being very similar to Nightwish/Tarot with Marco. They'll do an album and a large world tour with Kamelot and then when they take a break, that's when he'll do Seventh Wonder.

Is it wrong when a 45 year old man squeals like a little girl?

Yeah - it better not be, becasue this 44 year old did.

The 2010 ProgPower show will really be a special memory this September. Seeing Kamelot on Wednesday... remembering seeing Charlotte on stage with them... and then remembering that Marco had his cameo with Delain that weekend... and I get to see him with Nightwish.

Tommy fronting Kamelot... when we've already seen him on stage with them, as well as getting to see a rare Seventh Wonder set (seriously - "Unbreakable" is one of my favorite songs). And Amaranthe... 2 singers from which we got to see perform with Kamelot.

Hell, I think "Terium" by Seventh Avenue was on the 2010 compilation disc, and that was where I first heard Herbie Langhans' voice.

My excitement level just rose a little bit. Since it was already close to 10/10, that is saying something.

I think people are just overreacting a bit to the Seventh Wonder thing. I'm pretty sure what Aeonic meant simply is it's weird to be concerned when his original band (SW).

That + I know that if I was a fan of a relatively in-active band, and one of the members quit to join a band that paid the bills I would not be "concerned." Especially if that band is already reputable in the scene! It's not like he's joining Nickelback haha! The albums that I loved are still going to be there after all. Better this than quitting altogether because he needs to focus on a dayjob you know? That unfortunately happens more often than not.

That + I know that if I was a fan of a relatively in-active band, and one of the members quit to join a band that paid the bills I would not be "concerned." Especially if that band is already reputable in the scene! It's not like he's joining Nickelback haha! The albums that I loved are still going to be there after all. Better this than quitting altogether because he needs to focus on a dayjob you know? That unfortunately happens more often than not.

I don't really consider four studio albums in the space of five years, with a new studio album expected next year to be an inactive band (I could understand the stance a lot more if he was in a band with no future plans). I don't see how fans of Seventh Wonder who were hoping for more albums from them being concerned about the future of the band is weird or surprising at all. Regardless of whether the singer is joining Kamelot, Nickelback or just getting a new dayjob: More demanding schedule for singer + Future incentive for him to leave = Concern for future of band from those who really want them to keep making music. Of course I'm now looking forward to new Kamelot much more than I would have been before and I definitely think Tommy Karevik made a great decision and has a great opportunity, but since Seventh Wonder are probably in the top three bands I'd be most disappointed to see stop making new music of course I am concerned about a potential cause for them to stop (or at least be seriously delayed). Can't think of any way to say it more clearly than that, I'm not saying everyone should care or "be concerned" just that I am and consider it completely understandable for anyone else to be :lol:

Didn't realise the new Kamelot album was so close, will be looking forward to it a lot now - hoping for their best release yet (or at least one close to Epica / The Black Halo) :headbang:

I don't really consider four studio albums in the space of five years, with a new studio album expected next year to be an inactive band (I could understand the stance a lot more if he was in a band with no future plans).

I do believe AeonicSlumber was referring to Seventh Wonder as a relative in-active band(not inactive), he was not referring to Kamelot. Oh and their new album is scheduled for release sometime in Sept 2012, not next year.

I do believe AeonicSlumber was referring to Seventh Wonder as a relative in-active band(not inactive), he was not referring to Kamelot. Oh and their new album is scheduled for release sometime in Sept 2012, not next year.
I believe I was also referring to Seventh Wonder (and inactive is the correct spelling), which is why what I said was correct for Seventh Wonder (album planned for next year), not Kamelot...

I believe I was also referring to Seventh Wonder (and inactive is the correct spelling), which is why what I said was correct for Seventh Wonder (album planned for next year), not Kamelot...

Sorry, my mistake. Not trying to be a ass or anything but SW has 4 studio albums in 7 years:

"Become" - 2005
"Waiting in the Wings" - 2006
"Mercy Falls" - 2008
"The Great Escape" 2010

Don't get me wrong I love SW, great sound, great guys, and I wish they were more active, but alas they aren't.

Sorry, my mistake. Not trying to be a ass or anything but SW has 4 studio albums in 7 years:

"Become" - 2005
"Waiting in the Wings" - 2006
"Mercy Falls" - 2008
"The Great Escape" 2010

Don't get me wrong I love SW, great sound, great guys, and I wish they were more active, but alas they aren't.

2005 - 2010 was the four albums in five years :lol: I know that's not the past 5 years but since it's fairly recent was just trying to show they are hardly an inactive band when it comes to releasing new albums (Kamelot have three studio albums in 7 years measuring it the same way as you did). Currently expected to have a three year gap between albums as opposed to the usual two, though obviously I have no idea if this development will make that even longer.

Anyway, all I meant was that it wasn't like it was some band that hadn't released an album in years, takes a long time to do so and for all appearances wasn't going to be doing it any time soon. Anyway said more than enough about it now so will stop taking up space in this thread :p, if people still find my hope that this won't affect Seventh Wonder's future too badly so weird, oh well.

2005 - 2010 was the four albums in five years I know that's not the past 5 years but since it's fairly recent was just trying to show they are hardly an inactive band when it comes to releasing new albums (Kamelot have three studio albums in 7 years measuring it the same way as you did). Currently expected to have a three year gap between albums as opposed to the usual two, though obviously I have no idea if this development will make that even longer.

Anyway, all I meant was that it wasn't like it was some band that hadn't released an album in years, takes a long time to do so and for all appearances wasn't going to be doing it any time soon. Anyway said more than enough about it now so will stop taking up space in this thread :p, if people still find my hope that this won't affect Seventh Wonder's future too badly so weird, oh well.

Okay you win, i bow out, not worth arguing over. Good Night

I'm not really caught up on Seventh Wonder all that much - did they tour often? I had heard a rumor that Karevik was a firefighter, I guess thats off now right?

If I recall correctly, Karevik investigates traffic accidents with fatalities for the Fire Department, as it falls under their jurisdiction. As for the others, I believe they hold advanced degrees and have jobs in their respective fields.

Four albums in 7 years isn't bad for working stiffs. It always makes me smile when "regular" people write and appreciate music the way we, the PP Family, does.

Congrats to Tommy as he gets to "Live the Dream".