New Sinner CD with guests

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/sinner-maskofsanity.html

Note that clips of every song are available at this link!

"Line-Up:
Mat Sinner - Vocals & Bass
Tom Naumann - Guitars
Christogf Leim - Guitars
Klaus Sperling - Drums
Frank Rössler – Keyboards

Info:
Since the mid-80s, the band SINNER belongs to the big names of hard & heavy scene. Although Tom Naumann and Mat Sinner – the man whose name was used as a band name – are having worldwide success with their other band project PRIMAL FEAR, the fans have constantly been asking for new albums by the German metal icon SINNER. After the con-vincing and earthy record “There Will Be Execution“ from 2003, it’s time for a new album called “Mask Of Sanity“. SIN-NER went back to their roots and will satisfy fans of all their creative periods. Compared to the “Execution“ album, “Mask Of Sanity“ is more melodic and features dozens of guitar harmonies in the tradition of handmade and honest rock!

In the glory 80s, SINNER’s classic albums “Touch Of Sin” and “Comin’ Out Fighting” made them one of the leading Ger-man rock bands alongside ACCEPT and HELLOWEEN. These albums will be responsible for SINNER’s immortality among the gods of metal. Songs such as “Knife in my Heart”, “Born to Rock” or “Germany Rocks” have become objects of cultural value in Germany’s metal scene and finally established SINNER in other countries as well.

The scene saw SINNER’s return in the mid-90s with their strong albums “Bottom Line” and “Judgement Day“. The band went on tour with Mr. BIG and SAVATAGE – celebrated by their audience. In 1998, the band had their biggest commer-cial success with the pure metal album “The Nature Of Evil”. The album hit the official “Media Control” album charts and climbed up to position 63. After this success, SINNER went on tour with the legendary DEEP PURPLE and completely convinced more than 60,000 fans. In 1999, SINNER rocked more than 20,000 metal fans at "Wacken Open Air" and released the best of-compilation “The Second Decade“, featuring lots of rarities to please the fans.

SINNER saluted the new millennium with “The End of Sanctuary”, which also entered the German album charts on posi-tion 87. After a tour with DIO, the band members concentrated on their other musical lines of action such as PRIMAL FEAR, SAXON and MASTERPLAN and took three years of time to collect the power for the thunderous “There will be Execution” – an album teeming with raw energy. The band said, “No compromises!“ – and that’s exactly what the album sounds like.

Exactly there, the band wants to begin with “Mask Of Sanity“: Produced by Mr Mat Sinner himself and engineered by Achim Köhler, the band presents itself with guitarist Tom Naumann and keyboard player Frank Rössler. The new SIN-NER line up can also celebrate a comeback, because former PRIMAL FEAR drummer Klaus Sperling, who has already joined SINNER on tours and festivals, is now a fixed member of the line up – accompanied by TRACEELORDS guitarist Christof Leim, who has also joined SINNER! In addition, the album features guest appearances by Andy B. Franck (Brainstorm), Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear) and Martin Grimm (Mystic Prophecy).

A videoclip was shot for the song “Diary Of Evil” written by Mat Sinner together with Roy Z and the video is a bonus track on the ltd. first initial pressing of “Mask Of Insanity”. The THIN LIZZY cover “Baby Please Don’t Go” appears as bonus track as well.

"Mask Of Sanity“ impresses by Tom Naumann’s fantastic guitar work (which the scene calls “atomic major“ because of its conciseness) and, of course, by Mat Sinner’s pounding bass and his expressive voice. Fresh sound, full force – “MASK OF SANITY” – the new album by SINNER. Out on January 19th, 2007!"

agreed... Primal Fear who???

I would not say this, cause I also like Primal Fear, and thought Seven Seals was a killer album, their best since the 1st one. But I prefer Sinner over them anyway. Sinner just rules, and almost all albums are very good to excellent, save for the 1st 2 ones, and a couple other ones who where too light, between 1988 to 1994 or so. Albums like Judgement Day (1997), The Nature Of Evil (1998) , The End Of Sanctuary (2000), as well as early ones like Danger Zone (1984) and Touch of Sin (1985) are killer stuff.

I can't wait to hear the new album.

I only say "Primal Fear who?" because PF is, essentially, a Priest ripoff band, whereas Sinner has much more originality (they're a part of a metal genre which many people would say is "overdone", but they don't sound too identical to any band in particular).

I actually DESPISE Primal Fear for being so popular, because it kills any opportunity for me to see Sinner play live here in the States. I feel the same way about Nightwish, because I know it means I'll never see Tarot.