Antipodes

Sonata and FoB both have high energy and high pitched singers. I actually really like both bands. :lol:

So let's see... (I think you mean Antithesis, but I'll work with this)

The opposite of Symphony X would be short, mellow tracks, non American, female vocalist, not famous, not on tour, no recent albums out. I'm going to say Sweden's Paatos.

Technically, according to Noah Webster and his dictionary, antipodes is correct, but it's usually used in reference to Australia and New Zealand.

"Antipodes
An*tip"o*des\, n. [L. pl., fr. Gr. ? with the feet opposite, pl. ? ?; ? against + ?, ?, foot.]

1. Those who live on the side of the globe diametrically opposite.

2. The country of those who live on the opposite side of the globe. --Latham.

3. Anything exactly opposite or contrary.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc."

Sonata and FoB both have high energy and high pitched singers. I actually really like both bands. :lol:

The opposite of Symphony X would be short, mellow tracks, non American, female vocalist, not famous, not on tour, no recent albums out. I'm going to say Sweden's Paatos.

Were you being serious about FoB? I have never really sat down and listened to a song of theirs, but what I have heard in things such as commercials and such they sounded like any other un-unique mainstream band. I am not trying to put anyone down because like I said, I have only heard a few short clips of their music. Really just wondering, if you were serious, what I may be missing?

I think they've actually got some clever lyrics and some great riffs. If you can get past the fact that they're a pop rock band. The latest album is far better than their older ones. Anberlin is another in this category, although their back catalog is also strong.