antisocial...how do you play the intro?

ex-250

Feb 16, 2004
ok guitarists, im trying to find the right way to play the intro to antisocial. on the original recording of it i guess the tabs im finding could be right, i cant really tell, but in the live version from MMD theres a few more notes after each chord in the intro than in the original version, and i just cant figure it out. can anybody help me out on this one?

btw- first post woooo :headbang: haha

I think it's the 2 chords C and G, and then you pick back the notes from the high string back down the next few strings. Does that make any sense?? I thought not.

e--3
b--5
g--5
d--5
a--3 HOLD
E---

e--3
b--5
g--5
d--5
a--3 HOLD
E---

e--3
b--3
g--4
d--5
a--5 Hold
E--3

e--3
b--3
g--4
d--5
a--5 Hold
E--3

Repeat Once

The it goes into the other part.

It is C and G, but you have to play it like this: 0
play 4x and than strum the two highest notes: 0

and then classic G 4x while in the end you strum the two highest notes again, this time 3

After listening to the live MOMD cd repeatedly, I think they tuned Antisocial and I am the Law down at least 1/2 step as well. I'm thinking it's a full step, but I need to play along with it to be sure. Either way it makes sense to do that in order to match Bush's vocal range better. It also adds a little more weight to the songs and matches their current sound better.

johnnieCzech said:
It is C and G, but you have to play it like this: 0
play 4x and than strum the two highest notes: 0

and then classic G 4x while in the end you strum the two highest notes again, this time 3

this one sounds rightest, thanks everybody. once the dvd finishes ill go back and look and see if i can see scotts hands as he plays the part to be 100% sure, but im pretty sure this is it. :kickass:

Antisocial,, hmmmmm lets see. Take your high E string, tie one end to a hemroid and the other to a your nuts. Walk under an electro magnet set to the max and you will create the same cord! Hearing antisocial again (ever) is about as painfull as that. Scott, Charlie, John. I plead to you. Please drop this from the set. Aid A.I.R, Time, or Burst to replace this cover most of us die hards hate. Here is a great tune to play it's two words. First one start with L, The other starts with J.........

ive only been a fan since like 2002 though (better late than never, right?) so i still dig it very much

anyway, i watched the dvd and the part where its supposed to be C, i have no idea what scott is doing. i dont recognize it as any kinda chord i know. i tried playing something that looked the same, and all it did was sound like ass :loco:

prime666 said:
Antisocial,, hmmmmm lets see. Take your high E string, tie one end to a hemroid and the other to a your nuts. Walk under an electro magnet set to the max and you will create the same cord! Hearing antisocial again (ever) is about as painfull as that. Scott, Charlie, John. I plead to you. Please drop this from the set. Aid A.I.R, Time, or Burst to replace this cover most of us die hards hate. Here is a great tune to play it's two words. First one start with L, The other starts with J.........
Come on I am a diehard and I still dig Antisocial LIVE.