Antivirus Freeware

circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
Problem: I've got some sort of virus that won't let me open antivirus programs, and automatically closes browser windows that have anything to do with antivirus free/software. Surprisingly, it doesn't affect the lesser-known AntiVir, but the latter isn't able to find the virus apparently. Any ideas about skipping around the problem? Any good free programs out there? Help! :erk: Thanks. :wave:

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

have you tried here? I remember I had this virus like 2 years ago and had to edit some text file in the windows directory, but I can't remember what it was called or i'd find it. it basically blocks a lot of common antivirus websites.

if housecall deosnt' work, i'll ask some of my net admin friends ;p fuck paying people to do it.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it! I'm browsing this thread at work, btw.

sit3-shine.7.gif

What's everyone using nowadays? I use Avast free anti-virus, problem is, every time I attempt to run a search on UM an alert comes up saying that malware has been found.

ubuntu is a crapola, use debian

that said

i don't use antivirus when i run windows (like right now) because i'm not a big klutzface so i don't get viruses

that said

IF i had to use antivirus, just get microsoft security essentials and be done with it. avast and avg are both shit now

ubuntu is a crapola, use debian

that said

i don't use antivirus when i run windows (like right now) because i'm not a big klutzface so i don't get viruses

that said

IF i had to use antivirus, just get microsoft security essentials and be done with it. avast and avg are both shit now

Some free ware that I use for imaging does not work on Debian. I was on red hat for a bit, but quit because of that software.