Antti Please Read this!

Concerto_Moon

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2005
Good day,

First of all, I want to thankyou and your band for making such great music! I really gained a new respect for metal when I listened to your music a year ago ^_^ You can say you revived the metal head inside of me haha

Anyhow the main purpose of this post is to ask you about your equipment and it's setup. Can you tell me what equipment you use and the settings for the song "Using the Word" and "Heritance of Berija" ? I am currently using an Ibanez RG1570 and was wondering if I can re-create your sounds with a Line 6 Pod v2.0 ? Or a Zoom 505II pedal?

Thanks for your time, and hope to hear from you soon! :wave:

In his profile on the site he lists his equipment.

Jackson Soloist Lightning Sky Orange USA
Line6 AX212

As far as I know, the AX212 is discontinued and I'm not sure if you can get the same sounds out of the Pod. If so, then I am buying one...

Also, I would consider the Jackson soloist USA to be my dream guitar but sadly it's a little out of my price range...

nm, I think the AX212 is still being made...Sorry to answer the question for Antti. Only he knows his settings and stuff so he's the one who should answer...:D

I'd like to know the specs of his guitar personally. He doesn't have a model number after the name so I get the idea that it might be a custom. Also the fact that the lightning sky orange finish isn't a standard finish. I can't find it anywhere but on this site. I also wonder what pick-ups he uses. Basically, I'd love to get my hands on his guitar!

Hey Antti, any help? :D

Basically on studio albums the base sound comes from Line6 but there is always some extra, so, it is hard to explain and remember exactly the settings at studio. But you can get near just by adjusting the sound from your very own Line6 AX212. The guitar is custom.

It has Jackson pick-ups. The best part of my guitar is that the sound is not typical fresh and crystal clear Jackson sound. Instead the sound is very dark playing acoustic. In other words it is heavy. I`ve played with many other Jacksons but none of them have had the same basic sound.

Kalmah said:
It has Jackson pick-ups. The best part of my guitar is that the sound is not typical fresh and crystal clear Jackson sound. Instead the sound is very dark playing acoustic. In other words it is heavy. I`ve played with many other Jacksons but none of them have had the same basic sound.

I want your guitar hehe. If you could give me any specs on what model pickups you have or custom additions you have I'd appreciate it. I'm really looking for a sound that is like yours while still having my own. I just love the lead tone that you have!

Thanks

Concerto_Moon said:
Good day,

First of all, I want to thankyou and your band for making such great music! I really gained a new respect for metal when I listened to your music a year ago ^_^ You can say you revived the metal head inside of me haha

Anyhow the main purpose of this post is to ask you about your equipment and it's setup. Can you tell me what equipment you use and the settings for the song "Using the Word" and "Heritance of Berija" ? I am currently using an Ibanez RG1570 and was wondering if I can re-create your sounds with a Line 6 Pod v2.0 ? Or a Zoom 505II pedal?

Thanks for your time, and hope to hear from you soon! :wave:

I might help you with the tuning.
Using the Word:
Rythem guitar tuning:
D#5
A#4
F#4
C#4
G#3
D#3

Lead guitar tuning:
same as the rythem

as for Heritance of Berija:
tunings are the same for both guitars which is:
E5
B4
G4
D4
A3
E3
-----------------------------------
If you need the tabs tell me and I'll give you the link for guitar pro tabs.
As for the effects, the zoom 505II was my first effect but when I started to play well, I bought the behringer V-amp 2 which is gr8 for practice. So, basicaly, if you want a KalmaH sound you won't get it :p because it is special.
Line6 amps are great and used by many finish bands [ EToS for example ":} ]
I have a Jackson DXMG black which is identical to the one that the new lead guitarist in EToS [ Ristu ] use. It has EMG-Hz pickups on it and I bought EMG-81 to replace them but when I read about Antti's pickups and that it does not give a crydstal clear sound, well, I kept them for my KH-202. line6 does not produce AX212 anymore, so, you'll have to buy the new products and check them out, and if you do get a KalmaH sound, tell me ":}
Good luck with that and thanks Antti for the useful info.

I seriously thought about getting one off of Ebay, cause they're all over the place on there, but I want to know if I can get the "Kalmah" sound straight out of the box. I know Antti must have tweaked some settings and what-not but will it give similar tone right away? Also, if you're reading this Antti, would you be able to post your settings for your AX212?

I'm also still trying to figure out what pick-ups he's using. He said they're Jackson but other than that, I have no clue...Any help?

Well, I check Jackson's website, they use Seymour Duncan® pickups.
I think you can get an almost identical sound if you tried the model that replaced the AX212 http://www.compraventa.com/ad_pics_new/11/118_pza_s.jpg
Maybe the Vetta II or the spider II 212
But I think that if you just buy a line6 effect and plug it into an amp you'll probably manage to get the sound, because the AX212 is a combo amp which means it has built in effects [ amp + effect ] it is useful for studio or gigs, because you dont want to see wires all around ":}
Dude you live in Ohio, go to the nearest Line6 dealer and tell them that you want an amp like the AX212 or at least any effect that give you the special sound of KalmaH, would'nt hurt if you let them listen to a song, like hades or heroes to us :p

I have the spider II combo and the distortion (+ effects) doesn't even come close to the Kalmah sound..About the pick-ups, I wonder if by Jackson, Antti was in fact referring to Seymour Duncans, only he would know. I'm thinking about making a trip to my local guitar center to see what they have..Anyways, I want Antti's Setup hehe :cool:

Revenant go check Jackson's website
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/
you might find useful info
now about the effects, maybe its the vetta II then! because it has many effects in it but its too expensive! pickups won't do you a thing if you don't have the effect!

Dude, I just check the website again, they either use EMG pick-ups - like the ones I got - or Seymour Duncan®
Seymour Duncan® pick-ups varies like the EMG, you got EMG-81, 85, HZ .. etc
So, you just need to know what kind of Seymour Duncan® Antti's guitar has!
Plus, as I told you before go to the nearest line6 dealer and talk to them about the effect and the sound you want to get and how to get it, and then tell me what did you get ":p I'm counting on you now!

Kalmah said:
I can look up the correct info from Jackson database some day if they still have the service on the internet.

That would be awesome of you man. I hope they still have the information around somewhere...By the way, what other custom specifications are on your guitar? Is it very different from standard Soloists?

After searching around the Jackson site, I found that most Soloists come standard with Seymour Duncan JB TB4/SH1N Humbuckers. Although his is a custom guitar, it's possible that he left the stock pick-ups in. Any confirmation Antti?

Well, he did say they were Jackson's so I guess he did not change them. The only custom thing in his guitar m8 be the orange colored lightning sky! Have you seen it? As I said, dude the effects are more important so, what have you discovered so far?? Any news from line 6? I sent them an email about the AX212 and what sort of effect or amp would cover up for it!

aint baggin jackson i have a rr3, but my ibanez rg470 is so much smoother and better sounding than my rr3.

says you! We are talking about a cutoms soloist Jackson! You can not compare Ibanez to Jackson dude. Jackson guitars are designed for Metal, Black/ Death Metal to be exact. That's why most of the black or death metal's band's members use Jackson guitars, Arch Enemy, EToS, KalmaH ... etc