Anubis Gate - wow...facepalm

SO THE NEW ONE HAS ARRIVED PEOPLE find HORIZONS now, and help the band get some recognition in the US Billboard Heatseekers charts by buying it now... why wait it's a no brainer.

Some of us did not wait. I got it yesterday morning--it was the last thing I heard last night and the first thing I heard this morning...a wonderful disk. Maybe we need a Kickstarter campaign for a sponsorship for next year?????

I don't think there's a shortage of people who would sponsor them for ProgPower...maybe it hasn't worked out for some other reasons - scheduling, member obligations, work, other shows, etc.

Just got this yesterday. It is really amazing how this band has evolved. I really enjoyed the previous two releases and this new one is even better! The song writing on this new album is refined and really resonates (sorry for the pun) with me. Anubis Gate is now in the BIG LEAGUE.:headbang:

This album rules, that damn single hasn't left my head in days. I would have to think this is the one that finally brings them to Atlanta

Have to echo the sentiments here. I am just now listening to this one on Spotify. This album is a big step up from the last one and that one was already good. Anubis Gate is one of my bands I always hope comes up on that screen during the announcement video.

Just got this yesterday. It is really amazing how this band has evolved. I really enjoyed the previous two releases and this new one is even better! The song writing on this new album is refined and really resonates (sorry for the pun) with me. Anubis Gate is now in the BIG LEAGUE.:headbang:

Horizons sits on top of my 2014 list with the Vanden Plas. This disc is amazing from beginning to end.

For those of you on the fence, try the epic 14 minutes "Dream Within a Dream". That song is perfect from beginning to end!

Steve

I could have done without the last track. It doesn't click with me. Whatever melodies or harmonies they are using in that track just aren't pleasing to my ears. The rest is excellent though.

Is it strange their label doesn't have mp3 purchases available on Amazon? I'm not familiar with Locomotive, but that seems like nothing but free money to offer downloads since the albums are very OOP. Kind of a bizarre decision...

If I had the time, money, and smarts, I would start a business where I would buy up rights to OOP and never-released tracks and make them available for download. Sorry for the hijack. :D

As good as Horizons is, I too actually liked their self titled one even more.

That's my assessment of them as well. I've listened to the older albums, but the last two are my favorites. In order of preference, I like the self-titled one, followed by Horizons.

If I had the time, money, and smarts, I would start a business where I would buy up rights to OOP and never-released tracks and make them available for download. Sorry for the hijack. :D

I think a lot of people would like that. I see a marketing opportunity. :lol:

I've begun working on my ProgPower interview of Anubis Gate. I anticipate it proceeding as follows:

Me: Do you remember when you wrote "World in a Dome"?

Anubis Gate: Yes.

Me: That was awesome!