Anvil documentary

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
So, who is interested in this? VH1 Classic is pimping the ever-loving crap out of it because they bought the rights, including theatrical runs and the DVD.

I've wondered what the hell happened to them. There's no doubt they did something really amazing with "Metal on Metal" but they went nowhere. Robb Reiner is a criminally underrated drummer, every bit Dave Lombardo's equal, but never got the credit.

Funny part is, I was all stoked about the Lemmy documentary but this has totally blown it out of the water.

You guys in LA get it two weeks before we get it here in San Fransicko, lucky you. :) http://anvilmovie.com/dates.asp I'm definitely gonna go.

I saw this late last year at the Jewish Film festival.FANTASTIC movie!I've always been afan of Anvil since I was a teen.They are a real life Spinal Tap! This movie is just like it except what you see is 100% real! These guys have been going for over 30 years and have had avery sad frustrating attempt at trying to make it.
The film was so well recieved it's now getting nation wide distribution and the band had been getting major tour support opportunities! Ozzy saw the film last year and freaked and got them some Oz fest dates.They're going to be supporting Judas Priest and Whitesnake this summer! The band is also playing select dates around the country where the film is screened and then the band plays live right after.They're playing here in SF April 12 and I believe LA the week before.Catch this if you can!!