Anvil Experience Change

Everybody on their facebook/myspace friends list.

True, but not every potential attendee is on their friend list or reads these forums.

I suppose I have to change my old school way of thinking, where bands actually FLYER for their shows, etc......

Still though, you are giving people 5 days notice.

Sure, it's not the band's fault, and if I was in the band, I would still accept the offer.

It's just a shame, as Earthen Grave has a lot of old school fans that might have gone to this had they had more notice.

ANVIL should not have made this change so close to the start of the tour, I suppose is my main point.

True, but not every potential attendee is on their friend list or reads these forums.

I suppose I have to change my old school way of thinking, where bands actually FLYER for their shows, etc......

Still though, you are giving people 5 days notice.

Sure, it's not the band's fault, and if I was in the band, I would still accept the offer.

It's just a shame, as Earthen Grave has a lot of old school fans that might have gone to this had they had more notice.

ANVIL should not have made this change so close to the start of the tour, I suppose is my main point.

I think that's one of the main problems of this tour. Badly advertised and even those who know about it, probably half of them still think it's the Anvil Experience where they show the movie and then just play a couple of songs. Had they booked it as an actual concert, I think it might have faired better and yes, the openers should have been announced long ago.

I suppose I have to change my old school way of thinking, where bands actually FLYER for their shows, etc.......

I know not everyone is like us who go online everyday looking for metal but seriously, when's the last time you heard about an upcoming show thanks to a flyer?
I seriously can't remember the last time this happened for me.
We are at the point where we know when a band is coming to town before they themselves make an official announcement.

I know this comment doesn't apply to Earthen Grave being added at the last minute but I'm just throwing this out there.

Jose, yes, this is true for us folks here who are online on a daily basis.

I know many older metalheads who do not go online, and do truly find things out from flyers, or ads in the Illinois Entertainer or the Reader.

This is also the type of crowd who might be interested in ANVIL.