Anwyl - Postmortem Apocalypse

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
This album sounds just like Angel Corpse – The Inexorable, from the guitar tone, to the riffs, to the drumming. Even the vocals sound like Peter Helmkamp. The songs on this album could probably even be appended to the end of The Inexorable, and you wouldn’t even notice that it’s a different band. That being said, Anwyl have really perfected Angel Corpse’s high speed blackened death riffing style, and the drummer sounds every bit as tight as Tony Laureano. In general, the musicianship is as tight as fuck, and the album is undeniably very well executed. The production is good and fitting - again, a lot like Angel Corpse’s production. I am not going to review the individual songs, because they all sound like something off of Angel Corpse’s The Inexorable. So if you like Angel Corpse, you will definitely like this CD. I suppose now that Angel Corpse broke up, it’s good that we still have these guys churning out music that sounds exactly like they did. Don’t get me wrong, I like this album a lot. But it is 100% cloning Angel Corpse.