Any 38 Special fans ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Though touted as a "Southern rock" band, in their heyday, they had more of an arena rock style and sounded much closer to bands like Boston as opposed to Skynyrd. Don Barnes (their guitarist/lead vocalist) is one of my favorite singers. I was surfing through my MP3s and happened among them. I haven't played any in a few months. I am getting my butt kicked as I speak... err... type.

Bryant

Shit yeah, .38 Special was pretty rocked out back in the day...maybe not quite as heavy as Molly Hatchet, but close. I have three classic albums on cassette, Rockin Into The Night, Wild Eyed Southern Boys, and Special Forces.

I need to get those on mp3 or cd. Thanks for the reminder Bryant, hadn't thought about that band in years!

Shit yeah, .38 Special was pretty rocked out back in the day...maybe not quite as heavy as Molly Hatchet, but close. I have three classic albums on cassette, Rockin Into The Night, Wild Eyed Southern Boys, and Special Forces.

I need to get those on mp3 or cd. Thanks for the reminder Bryant, hadn't thought about that band in years!

Oh No it don't come easy......... yada yada....

They are rocking. Now make a comment on the vocals. I think Don is extremely underrated.

Bryant

Great band for sure. Saw them in concert twice back in 1984. I prefer them over the other southern rock bands.

Jeff Carlisi was a fucking tasty guitar player.

I can't remember how many times I saw them in the 80's.
Probably about as many as April Wine, which was A LOT.

Always enjoyed their performances musically & vocally, but the butt kickin' sounds of Molly Hatchet & Doc Holliday were more what I was into. You'll NEVER hear me say, or see me type, anything bad about 38 Special. I'm Yankee who LOVES his rebel rock...