any Duende users here?

i have one. and it's PCIe.
channel strip and bus compressor sound beautiful indeed!!!
you have some comparison files between them and waves SSL plugs on gearslutz. plus tons of comments :)
but as ermz says they are going native which pisses me off as well... but they promised native plugs of corresponding value for all existing hardware users.
and can you also stick with hardware if you want. v3.5.2 works perfect on all platforms. but if you choose to go native you are losing support for your hardware.
all I can say is that i'm very pleased with the plugs and that I will make up my mind on whether to go native once plugs are released.

why buy a native plugin that sucks up CPU power? besides, i got it cheap as well (used). it´s the PCIx version.

They didnt make a PCIX only PCIe and Firewire so i guess you mean you have a PCIe,
If you are getting a used one make sure you can register it in your name as thats the only way you get the free Native Plugins.
There is a GS thread from Jim@SSL Explaining the deal.

i have one. and it's PCIe.
channel strip and bus compressor sound beautiful indeed!!!
you have some comparison files between them and waves SSL plugs on gearslutz. plus tons of comments :)
but as ermz says they are going native which pisses me off as well... but they promised native plugs of corresponding value for all existing hardware users.
and can you also stick with hardware if you want. v3.5.2 works perfect on all platforms. but if you choose to go native you are losing support for your hardware.
all I can say is that i'm very pleased with the plugs and that I will make up my mind on whether to go native once plugs are released.

Yup IMO its not a waste of money buying the HW version now as you get the Native for free and then you can Use the HW on one computer and the Native on another, Win/Win as far as im concerned, Im very happy with the sound of Duende Vs Waves, on Duende there is a G and E series mode by way of a button to engage/disengage i think i prefer the G not really sure why though.
I dont think you will be dissapointed at all.

I have had the Duende for a couple of days now, and i really like the sounds Im getting from the plugins.
In my opinion, they sound much bettet the Waves SSL versions. The EQ seem to have a little more bit to it.
Though i have only tried the Waves for a couple of days when i had the demo versions. But listening back, Duende sounds more "SSL" to me.