SSL Duende classic DSP

OrionsFire

New Metal Member
Mar 12, 2011
Hey dudes - im a newb here; long time reader - first time poster. Niiiiice forum!
I know of a SSL Duende classic DSP rackmount for sale at what i beleive is a pretty good price - has anyone had some experience with this item?
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
At the moment im running an old mbox using cubase LE ver 1.0.8
pretty basic but does the job i guess - is there any reason why i wouldnt be able to run a Duende with my system?
Peace

Welcome to the board. Personally I would be reticent to buy a DSP solution when the manufacturer is getting out of that business and going native. If you are still curios though I'd do a search at gearslutz b/c there are a lot more Duende Rack users over there.
Best luck.

I'd say it depends what you call a good price. They have really dropped in price since SSL went native. Last week a Classic with all the X plugins and 128 channel expansion sold for under £300. I'd suggest that which ever way you look at it, thats a bargain.

that sounds like a good price, particularly with the 128 channel capability and X-plugs. I beleive the one im looking at is the basic version - currently at $500 AUD. I guess thats a lot cheaper than going and buying the native bundle. I would probably prefer the external rack DSP if i knew it was going to be reliable and dependable. That and I just want some SSL sounds!

ive had one for a long time, very good, very stable.
The plugins are exactly the same as the native ones (actually Duende DSP V3 is running pretty much native and the rack unit is kinda like a giant dongle).
The classic comes with the channel strip and the Bus comp so its really the essentials bundle i believe.
I wouldnt pay more than £200 for a standard classic, its certainly worth that much for the plugins alone, but you wont be able to register it for any support.