acoustic project, need some feedback

trenters

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2009
new carlisle, IN
Im currently working on an acoustic indie/pop demo. the guitarist/vocalist and i are producing it ourselves and we're in the really early stages of recording. it's our first time attempting to make any sort of legit recording and we are both pretty new to the recording process. i've learned a lot of stuff just browsing around the forum and have been a little intimidated to post until now to be honest, haha. it would be great if any of you dudes could help me out in any way, as far as letting me know what i should do to the tracks. like i said, im pretty new to this but know enough to be able to understand what you have to say.

just some info on the song:

-everything was recorded and tracked using cubase LE

-guitars are just the direct signal from a Taylor acoustic electric, no processing or reamping

-vocals just have eq, some compression, and a little autotune (which glitches in a few parts, we have to manually adjust some things)

-please note that this isnt anywhere near a finished product, and i am fully aware that it needs lots of work

Also, if this is in the wrong place i totally understand, this is a metal forum and i mainly play in a metal band, but if there's somewhere else you think i should take this, any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks dudes! :D

here's the link - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8862029/Here Comes the Rain.mp3

Sounds good.......I would suggest bringing the Vocals more to the front.....and if you have to use Autotune then take some time so she can use it to her advantage. What I mean by that is for example, I myself am not a singer but when tracking my own vocals with autotune on at the same time and working on the parts or notes that Autotune was always tweaking on I found myself to be a better when I wasn't using Autotune or just singing dry with an acoustic guitar.........hope this helps.

-scott

thanks for the feedback man!

we actually switched to melodyne last night and were able to just fix the notes that were too pitchy. it sounds much better, i'll have to post an updated link.

as far as bringing the vocals to the front, how would you go about doing that?