Any fans of Dark Fortress?

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
I never hear anyone talk about this great german band. If you like me worship melodic bands like Dissection, Dawn, Naglfar, Sacramentum etc. you need to hear Dark Fortress. They have 3 albums out, the last one came out last week. Try to to download the track Pilgrim of the nightly spheres from the first album for a taster.

www.thetruedarkfortress.com

^^ Don't know if that is a joke regarding Dimmu Borgir not being "true". Dimmu Borgir does as we all know mean Dark Castle/Fortress in Icelandic.

Edit: Warning, I tried to download an mp3 from their site and my antivirus software found a trojan. I suspect this is not the bands fault but rather the site where the download is hosted or something.

Great band. Bit of a Dissection sound but you can't deny how memorable their songwriting is. Tales From Eternal Dusk and Profane Genocidal Creations are good albums. I need to check out the new one.

I think I have Profane Genocidal Creations - bought it cheap on eBay. Thought it was a bit faggothy to be honest, but I'll give it another try. For some reason, I've never had much luck with German BM.