Any folk metal fans out there?

AprilSuspyre

April in the Winter
Aug 18, 2008
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
I'm backpacking around Germany and Denmark these next two weeks. Anyone attending the Ragnarok festival in Lichtenfels this weekend? :headbang: It'll be nice to be among metalheads in Europe again.

You could always try to get a hold of Daniel and that german lot from Progpower, there's bound to be some that are going to be attending Ragnarok. Any chance you'll pass by Holland for a beer? :p

Wow, have fun, April! :)
I actually live in a town called Lichtenfels, but it's not the Lichtenfels you are talking about. ;)

Still, Holland's not that far from Germany and Denmark :p You're more than welcome to stop buy, we'll buy you guys drinks :D And if you don't stop by, have a great time at the folk metal festival :) Looks like a great lineup there! Wish I could go too! (Einherjer, Heidevolk, Korpiklaani, Thyrfing, Yggdrasil would definitely be the bands I'd want to see there)

Edit: and I'll make Kees and Justin bring their accoustic guitars for another performance of Dragons & Fire, if you stop by :p

How was your trip, April?

The trip was great! Thanks. I had a chance to visit Munich, Lichtenfels, Erfurt, Eisenach, Wartborg, Bremen, Vejla, Jelling and Copenhagen. It probably would've been better with a stop into Holland and some Dragons and Fire though... :D

Ragnarok was a ton of fun, though I have to say nothing tops the afterparties at PPEU and gallivanting about the Kasteel. All the bands you mentioned were great, in addition to Tyr. The only downside was that the venue was a bit of a smokestack - inside! And they had arrest a few Nazis believe it or not.

The highlight of my trip had to have been Eisenach at the Bachhaus. J.S. Bach is my hero! We also took a hike through the woods from Eisenach to the Wartborg castle which was humbling. There was also a interesting ice bar in Copenhagen with ice glasses, tables, stools, walls, bar...etc. with a temp of 28 degrees Fahrenheit (-2 degrees Celsius) inside. We were all required to wear these Eskimo-like parkas - it was great!

Sounds awesome :D

Ofcourse you're always welcome for more gallivanting and afterpartying at this year's Progpower :) It's looking to be an awesome festival again, and hopefully this time around I'll be able to fly my gf over from the US, so you wouldn't be the only people from the US attending :p

Even though there's just a few names unveiled so far, it's already looking great :) Seventh Wonder is going to be awesome :D (a recommendation for anyone who hasn't heard of them!)