Any good free ampsim for cleans? And what about an Ampeg SVT?

MindMunch

Jan 17, 2011
Any suggestion?

It could be modelled after some real amp like Vox and Fender or just a cool clean tone, like Line6 Clean.

Also, is there any good free bass ampsim of an Ampeg SVT?

Thanks!

Simualanalog has a Fender sim and there's a Mesa Mark Sim afaik called Californian Sun or something like that.
Both are pretty nice for clean sounds, I am actually digging Lepou's HyBrit for cleans in the Plexi mode, too.
It's not a very modern clean sound, but it has lots of character, about free sim of an Ampeg SVT, I don't know
about anything like that, Ampeg SVX isn't free (but it sounds very good) the basspreamp (forgot who made it)
sounds very good and is versatile, TSE (onqel here) just released BOD, it's a tech21 bassdriver di simulation,
sounds great and especially in combination with the basspreamp and an ampeg cab impulse, you can get some
very SVT like sounds out of it.

Thanks for the tips! I ended up downloading a whole bunch of them on the ampsims sticky thread but, after testing them, all my favourites were the ones made by LePou. Even hi-gain amps like Legion and Lecto have beautiful cleans when using the right channels. Dude is a monster! I wish he could make an Ampeg sim.