Any Info About Mosh Tuneage?

Spiner202

Apr 9, 2011
Toronto
I just came across this UK label that appears to have quite a few great reissues of UK thrash and death metal stuff. I'm a little skeptical only because I've never heard of them (nor even some of these releases). Is this legit? http://moshtuneage.bigcartel.com/

The big surprise for me was seeing that Desecrator album. I assumed that was one of many OSDM gems lost forever.

They are a legit label.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I found it strange that I'd never heard anyone talk about this, because most reissues tend to get a lot of attention (especially on a board like this!). I'll have to save up and order soon :D

Yep, they're legit. Paul, the lead singer of Moral Crusade just sent me a copy of the Moral Crusade reissue, which was released by Mosh Tuneage. It looks very well made, and it sounds good though I did notice it was mastered from an LP.

Hi there - just came across the link to this thread! Just to confirm yes, Mosh Tuneage is a legitamite label - so far we have put out around 10-12 releases, 8 of which are classic UK late 80s/early 90s thrash and death metal licensed from the RKT Records and CMFT Records. Although we only started this year, we have been running a hardcore punk label called Boss Tuneage for 23 years and have licensed and released over 300 releases over the years on that..we set up Mosh Tuneage just as we thought these thrash releases needed a sublabel to put them out on...but thats probably why we're not well known in the thrash world yet, as we're learning our way a little - although i did personally put out a comp tape called "The New Wave Of Thrash Metal" way back in 1988 and we did a zine/used to write to some of the bands we've now ended up reissuing...

We've involved all the bands as much as possible in the reissues as much or as little as they wanted and paid the original labels licensing fees for putting out the re-issues..

So yeah check our releases out, we'd like to release more stuff but getting the rights from the labels can be time consuming / impossible in a lot of cases, but we are hoping to do more!

Check out www.moshtuneage.com or we sell on Ebay too

Releases so far:

(on Boss TUneage, but Mosh Tuneage releases really!)

LAWNMOWER DETH / METAL DUCK - MLF / Quack Em All split CD / LP
METAL DUCK - Auto Ducko Destructo Mondo CD / LP

On Mosh Tuneage:
Reissues:
DESECRATOR - Subconscious Release CD (ltd col vinyl version due later this year) - contains original 1990 album plus 1992 demo supplied by the band, previously unreleased
METAL MESSIAH - Honour Among Thieves CD (Nearly sold out, contains the Mad Man demo from 1989 as bonus tracks, liner notes from singer Jim Aspinall)
XYSTER - In Good Faith CD (Liner notes from Daryl Turner of CMFT Records, contains the Black Bible demo as bonus tracks)
SNYPER - Manifestations CD (Unreleased album from 1990 , originally intended for release on CMFT Records before they folded, liner notes from Snyper vocalist and CMFT Records owner Daryl Turner)
MORAL CRUSADE - An Act Of Violence CD (reissue of the album from 1990 plus the Immoral Condition demo from 1988, liner notes by drummer Joe Kennedy)
PENDEMIA - Narcotic Religion CD (reissue of the 1990 album on CMFT Plus the Widespread Epidemic demo from 1988 and some 1989 live tracks, liner notes from singer Ian Maxwell)

Apart from the reissues, we have also released (or co-released) the following by current UK Bands...

REIGN OF FURY - WORLD DETONATION CD
SUICIDE WATCH - FIGURE HEAD OF PAIN CD
SEA BASTARD - SEA BASTARD CD (doom/sludge metal)

And Metalliced, yes we did have to remaster Moral Crusade from an unplayed copy of the LP as the DAT tapes (which are here on my desk as I type this!) had chewed up and were not usable!) - we try to go from original masters wherever possible!

Currently on the search for members of ARBITRATOR or PURGATORY if anyone is in touch with them!!

Cheers!

And Metalliced, yes we did have to remaster Moral Crusade from an unplayed copy of the LP as the DAT tapes (which are here on my desk as I type this!) had chewed up and were not usable!) - we try to go from original masters wherever possible!

Currently on the search for members of ARBITRATOR or PURGATORY if anyone is in touch with them!!

Cheers!

The US band, Purgatory? Have talked to them and they said Bill (Auburn Records) won't come off the rights. :( I was wanting to do that one myself.

Sorry to hear about DAT issues. We had tiny problem with the RAPED APE DAT but I beat them into submission and with help of Jamie King edited a song back to normal that was all chopped up with drop outs. So much for those tapes lasting forever!! hahaha.

The US band, Purgatory? Have talked to them and they said Bill (Auburn Records) won't come off the rights. :( I was wanting to do that one myself.

Sorry to hear about DAT issues. We had tiny problem with the RAPED APE DAT but I beat them into submission and with help of Jamie King edited a song back to normal that was all chopped up with drop outs. So much for those tapes lasting forever!! hahaha.

I know, DATs are a pain in the ass!
No, I'm looking for the UK band PURGATORY, were from the south west of England, did two amazing demos back in 1988 and 1989, only appeared on the "Taste Of Armageddon" Comp LP back in the day

Also on the look out for any members of the old UK Band OBLITERATION too - I can license the album from their old label Released Emotions, but he wants me to get an OK from the band they are happy to see it come out!

Thanks for all of the info! I'd definitely like to order more than a few of these reissues soon!

Are you referring to Arbitrater? That's another long-lost thrash band that I'd love to buy a reissue of!