Any info on upcoming Darkthrone album?

eyeteeth

Jul 21, 2004
Just wondering if anyone has any info at all on the upcoming Darkthrone album?
I can't find any info using search. :Spin:
Thanks

...What are you talking about? They come out with a new one practically every year, so just wait until next year. Until then, just check out Sardonic Wrath.

It's supposed to be officially released september 6th this year. Not all of the tracks were leaked either, here is the final track list:

01. Order Of The Omnious
02. Information Wants To Be Syndicated
03. Sjakk Matt Jesu Krist
04. Straightening Sharks In Heaven
05. Alle Gegen Alle
06. Mann Tanker Sitt
07. Sacrificing To The God Of Doubt
08. Hate Is The Law
09. Rawness Obsolete

"Sjakk Matt Jesu Krist" is one of the coolest songs ever written. It's almost old-school punk with its energy and aggression. :headbang: Black Metal Motorhead is the best way to describe it.

Jean-Pierre said:
Sardonic Wrath is the one he's talking about. I don't think it's been officially released yet. :p

Oh, I figured he wasn't, because everyone already knows everything about that album. My mistake.

Sardonic Wrath sounds pretty good.

While darkthrone is great i don't seem why people drool and shit their pants when they hear a new darkthrone album is coming out. Who really gives two shits. As Darkthrone said in interviews. They haven't ever changed their musical focus and they come out with a new album every year. Who really cares anymore? I don't see why there's a lot of hype over some new album that is just going to be like darkthrone has been for the past 13 fucking years!

I did not like Hate Them. In fact, I haven't heard anything from them that's interested me since...Panzerfaust I think. I can never get the order straight.

"Total Death" is a great album that is totally overlooked. It's not as good as the unholy trinity ("Ablaze..", "Under.." and "Transilvanian Hunger"), granted, but I think it's their fourth best album. Songs like "Majestic Desolate Eye" and "Ravnajuv" are incredible, so is "Earth's Last Picture". Any thoughts on this album?

Plaugewielder and Ravishing Grimness are shit albums. Total Death is allright, but bland sometimes. Goatlord is mediocre. Besides that, Darkthrone's entire catalogue owns your soul.