Any London people have any tips on bars/places to eat?

madbutcher

May 23, 2005
St Louis
www.harkonin.com
A couple of my really good friends are in London for the download festival and are seeking out any cool bars (metalhead friendly a big plus) or awesome spots to eat while they are there. Any spots I should tell them to check out? Told me they are staying in the Camden lock area, whatever that means.

This is the only pub in Camden I could recommend, they do decent food, but nothing great. Nice place though...
http://www.ourblackheart.com/

The only outwardly metal/rock bar I know of is the Crowbar, never been there myself though. (Tottenham Court Road)

A bar I can personally recommend is the Nightjar (http://www.barnightjar.com/), it's pretty expensive and they might have to book/not wear cannibal corpse shirts, but it's well worth it.

Although they should be warned that the standard price for a pint anywhere is around £4-5.

generally camden would be their best place to check out, not necessarily metal but quite alternative.

also, again not really metal, but checking out brick lane and shoreditch etc is something they should do IMO. quite 'bohemian' and some funky bars round there. as well as tons of curry houses.

i quite like a few of the pubs on the kings rd and in west london although not really the place for metalheads to hang.

I go out round Camden most weekends, the Hobgoblin is pretty good for chilling out with loud metal music and beer, you've also got the Black Heart and Worlds End near there as well, the Crobar is alright but pretty expensive, and Intrepid Fox is nice as well, but expensive booze. There arent really many places that are nice to eat food round camden or that area, just cheap junk food shops

Tbh I would've said avoid Camden, it's pretty grotty, but they'll probably be able to judge for themselves since they're already there!
There are some nice places in/around Shoreditch, as has already been said, Brick Lane Bagels being particularly good.