Any mordred fans?

Been meaning to hear them lately. I'm always interested in bands that try to be original and I heard their Funk/Thrash crossover on later albums was excellent. What albums/songs do you recommend?.

Every days a holiday is a great track and found on the album....... oh jesus........ its late and I'm so tired........... I think it was called In this life. That was the second album the first was alot more thrashy with cheesy lyrics oh wait Every days a holiday might have been on the first album........... oh shit I'll post tomorrow with the facts but they were a great band ahead of their time and were criminally overlooked..............and now sleep i think :)

I can't believe I found some Mordred fans here, though it kinda make sense for someone to be a fan of Anthrax and Mordred given how unpredictable and original both bands are.

Finding their albums is tough, though thanks to the Internet, if you try hard enough you will find all their stuff (on ebay and so forth). Their first album "Fools Game" is metal/thrash with just a tad of funk in it (this album has a "metal" cover of Rick James' "Superfreak" and on another song it has Chuck Billy of Testament singing back vocals). Their second album, "In This Life", though still metal, has more of a blend of styles, with songs like "The Strain", "Falling Away", "Killing Time", "Esse Quam Videri", and the title track "In this Life". They have a couple of singles out from the songs on this album, of which "Esse Quam Videri" is worth mentioning due to their cover of Thin Lizzy's "Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed " and their unreleased song "Lion's Den"... these are not "metal" type songs, but they are fun listening to. They then released the EP "Vision" which is more experimental. Though the heavy guitars are still there, the songs "In Time" and "The Vagrant" feature their acoustic/funky style guitars further. Their last album "The Next Room" feels like it's done by a different band as they had a different vocalist on this album and their songs are more "Hard Rock" focus. I still recommend song like "Crush", "Trellis", "Skid", and "In a Turn" if you are into hard rock.

The reason I brought this up is because a) they broke up a long time ago and now they are back (with Scott Holderby on vocals) and b) while reading up on Sanctuary/Noise records I found that Mordred is being mentioned a bunch of times.

I saw Mordred a couple of weeks ago, and I am planning to go check them out @ the Pound SF this Friday (March 29th). The last time I saw them they played Floyd Cover's "Young Lust", as well as "She Watch Channel Zero" (Public Enemy) along with a new song "The Baroness" (Mordred is working on some demos right now) and a bunch of old songs. Check http://www.geocities.com/blue_mordred/ for more info (and some songs).

You might be able to listen to some of their songs with Audiogalaxy... Though as always, if you like what you hear, make sure you try to buy their stuff :)