Any New Cool Albums.....

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Picked up at the show??

I for one got a cd from a band called Voyager which is fantastic!!! Ken Golden from Laser's Edge will never steer me wrong, and he hit the nail on the head with this one. Great album. Also picked up the Dark Fire which is great also. Still trying to get into Opeth's Damnation album, but I'm having a difficult time thus far. We'll see.

I got that Voyager CD too. Ken is evil. I had no intentions of buying any CDs, but I talk to the guy for two seconds and he has five discs in my hands. Of course, I figure I've probably bought at least 200 CDs from him over the years, and he's never recommended something to me that I didn't like, so I figure it was money well spent. I also got Tomorrow's Eve, Chromeshift, Section A and Silent Edge.

And Opeth - Damnation COMMANDS! Keep listening, it will eventually click...

dt

Meteornotes said:
I got that Voyager CD too. Ken is evil. I had no intentions of buying any CDs, but I talk to the guy for two seconds and he has five discs in my hands. Of course, I figure I've probably bought at least 200 CDs from him over the years, and he's never recommended something to me that I didn't like, so I figure it was money well spent. I also got Tomorrow's Eve, Chromeshift, Section A and Silent Edge.

And Opeth - Damnation COMMANDS! Keep listening, it will eventually click...

dt

Yes, Tomorrow's Eve rules, so does Chromshift, Section A, and Silent Edge. All great choices. I have them all, and yes Ken is evil that way, but he is accurate 99% of the time.

As for Opeth, that is what everyone keeps telling me (keep listening), so I will not give up on it just yet. It just doesn't fit what I'm used to listening to, but I figure there must be something there for evryone to be raving about it. Maybe this one will take 5-10 listens; hey it took me a while when I first heard Pain of Salvation, and now I love the band!!!