Any news on a new album?

CauldronBorn

Under the knife
Feb 1, 2004
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if work on a new album had started in any way. I looked quickly on the forum and didn't find anything (but it might have been stated in an interview somewhere).

Is the next one going to be a live cd or a studio album??

We have one more album left on our Century Media deal.

From talking to the label in November, it appeared that they wanted a double live album from us.

We've been wanting to do a live album so this is good for us. I wrote them back asking for details so we can schedule everything.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them so we can start scheduling things for this live album.

Before anyone gets alarmed that I haven't spoken to the label in a few months - don't worry, this is the norm. Happens all the time. Contrary to popular belief, bands aren't in constant contact with the label.

In the meantime, we've been starting the early stages of writing new material. It looks like the next studio album will be a concept album.

Mark

Briody said:

From talking to the label in November, it appeared that they wanted a double live album from us.

We've been wanting to do a live album so this is good for us. I wrote them back asking for details so we can schedule everything.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them so we can start scheduling things for this live album.

Before anyone gets alarmed that I haven't spoken to the label in a few months - don't worry, this is the norm. Happens all the time. Contrary to popular belief, bands aren't in constant contact with the label.

In the meantime, we've been starting the early stages of writing new material. It looks like the next studio album will be a concept album.

Mark

More Shakespear???:worship:

Briody said:

Mark

Mark, a double live record would totally kick ass! \m/ I'm still spinning CTS but would also welcome new material from you guys :cool:

I hope we could all get a BBQ together if and then the right venue is played :headbang:

Katana Overlord said:
Actually what I want the most is for Ample Destruction to be re-released I can't find the metalblade version anywhere.

I found one on eBay. It cost me a fortune. You may have an easier time winning it, since you won't have Jean-Pierre outbidding you at the last hour!:mad: ;)

No, I haven't forgotten! lol

Briody said:

Mark

THANK YOU. So many bands have come and gone as far as being 'current favorite' bands but Jag Panzer has always remained up there... the new material (and live material) will be excellent.

dale.jpg

Hmm, another concept album. Interesting. But honestly, if the story might involve male and female characters, you guys could find a female singer to sing the female character's part. Because I think it is very weird to hear Harry singing as Lady Macbeth. If there was a female voice on Thane To The Throne it could have become an even better record. Besides that, I have no doubt that the new album will be awesome.

Katana Overlord said:
Bah! I don't want a Nightwish album I want a Jag Panzer album!

Fuckin' seriously. If there are women playing parts, they need to be Doro Pesch, Anne Boleyn or some other woman who isn't an operatic soprano. This is JAG FUCKING PANZER not kamelot.:p

Soprano? Hell no! Would be great if Kimberly Goss could do the vocals! But of course that's just my opinion about what I dislike in Thane To The Throne. It has a weak production, specially for drums, and it is weird to hear Harry singing as Lady Macbeth. But that's just what I think, I know many people have no complaints about the album.