any of you heard of "Spiral Architect"?

Spastic Ink has 2
Gordians Knot has 2
Watchtower has 3 (Energetic Disassembly (1985); Control and Resistance (1989)
; Demonstrations In Chaos (2002))

And then depending on if you like Meshuggah or... if you 'hear' their 'technical metal'ness... a number of albums.

I've listened to Canvas Solaris's Spatial/Design. The first listen did little for me. But I'll give it some more attention. It just seemed like the songs weren't going anywhere. No real underlying structure/intent.

neither At War With Self
no spiral architect,
I don't like their music, I don't see something special in them,
yo ink rules, I like their bass especially

Canvas Solaris fuckin rule. Cheiron, they get better with time. If you can't get into Spatial, try the album after that, "Sublimation", and if that doesn't come to your liking still, try Penumbra Diffuse- their most recent, and their best so far. Their next album may be coming out soon, though,... I'm not allowed to say much ;P

My thoughts on Spatial Design are that the 1st and 4th tracks are the highlights of the EP, but the 2nd and 3rd aren't quite up to par with the other 2. Good listens, but the 1st and 4th tracks blow them out of the water.

It's not a secret that the next Canvas Solaris record is coming out in the spring on Sensory Records. And it's pretty well-known that it was basically recorded a year ago, but had to wait because releasing 2 albums so close together is usually bad for both, especially with a not-well-known band.

Penumbra has grown on me a lot, and I now think it's their best. I used to like the EP the best. Sublimation always seemed too disjointed for me, but it was still alright.

I cannot wait for the new Canvas album. Penumbra Diffuse seriously hasn't left my stereo in a year. Which coincidently, it was just realeased like a year ago around this time.

my god, i love these guys... i would give my first born son just to see these guys play live. too bad, they pretty much said they're done touring - not that they'd come to buffalo anyways.

can't wait for the new cd from these guys, even still!