Any Paradise Lost - Symbol Of Life -fans yet?

Downfall

Damage Driven Creep
Aug 6, 2001
I've listened to it for less than a week so I haven't completely made up my mind yet, but I think it's :headbang:

:D

Well i am PL fan since Gothic albom and i liked EVERY albom so far...disliking One Second f.e. only bec its not same as DT or Icon ir JUST stupid imo. Its very cool in fact that PL change styles and not do each shit on and on. I wouldnt like to hear all same alboms again and again- thats what most bands do- lyrics change, bit riffs but music stays same more and less. PL are innovative and each albom is good and they just stamd for quality. Wether Goth/Doom metal with albom "Gothic" or the genious "Icon" and "DT" or the totally different but still incredible "One Second" (HOW CANT YA DISLIKE THE SONG "one second" f.e.??? IMO one of most beautiful Metal songs ever made!). And even the more electro-rock "Host" was actually a very nice albom even if i must admit i dont listen to it as often as ido to the rest of their stuff. Believe in Nothing has also some very catchy songs though majority sucked and i count as their weakest albom (despite the 2 alboms before gothic which just suck imo).
...And now we got a new albom. My Opinion: GOOD one. Not perfect. Not Icon, neither DT, but this time a pretty balanced albom (except songs 5,6) i liked all songs! Like with Opeth ya need some time though. I was at first bit dissapointed with it as i only picked 2-3 songs at first like smb already stated here. But after 4-5 listeninigs - I found a lot interesting and catching stuff in most of the songs- although i def cant listen to songs 5,6.
But again like some mentioned- PREY NIGHT FALL is A KILLER! Its the sort of song and VOCALS PL should use in future IMO. Its just amazingly good. When the refrain starts i start to shiver....its fantastic, almost as good as one second. Also SOngs to check are def Mystify, Erased, Isolate, Two World (cool heavy one), Xavier and i have the "small town boy" version which sounds very cool as well. An albom to buy and listen for sure! Pretty stupid of breaking with the band after DT like so many do. Its no more DT, but in contrary to Metallica its still very high quality. PL remain in the rows of the very best!

"SoL" f*cking rules! And it's a pleasant surprise as well!!!!!! I'm actually shocked at how much I enjoy it.

If you dislike "One Second", chances are that you'll dislike the new one (although the new CD is much heavier).

This CD combines the best elements of the post-Draconian Times era with some heavier guitar work. But more than that, the songwriting is just MUCH better than what they've released the past few years (all fo which is still good, IMO).

My fav CDs of 2002 (so far):
1) Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
2) Opeth - Deliverance
3) Paradise Lost - Symbol of Life
4) Pearl Jam - Riot Act
5) Sentenced - Cold, White Light
6) Lacuna Coil - Coma Lies