Any PP fans into boxing?

Exploding Ned

Sep 1, 2003
Southeastern U.S.
Looking forward to seeing Sam Peters taking on Wlad Klitchko on the 11th. So if the TV in the vendor room is on ESPN, you'll see me there enjoying my favorite sport. My prediction? Wlad will probably win an UD in a boring grab and hold fight, but it would be great to see Sam do a KTFO of him.

I think boxing is dying slowly... Especially with MMA growing so rapidly and I admit, I LOVE it.. I got into UFC when it first started but I'm beginning to watch UFC again..

And rugby.. I'm becoming obsessed with Rubgy...

I'd like to see some really good featherweights and middleweights come up in the boxing ranks and give us some real matches instead of match teases in the news then it falling apart because, let's be honest Pacquiau would beat Mayweather's ass...

I think boxing is dying slowly... Especially with MMA growing so rapidly and I admit, I LOVE it.. I got into UFC when it first started but I'm beginning to watch UFC again.. And rugby.. I'm becoming obsessed with Rubgy... I'd like to see some really good featherweights and middleweights come up in the boxing ranks and give us some real matches instead of match teases in the news then it falling apart because, let's be honest Pacquiau would beat Mayweather's ass...

Don't get me started on Mayweather ha But yeah boxing isn't doing as well as it could, too many sanctioning bodies, too many fighters being protected so they can have big paydays later. Not like the 30s thru the 70s when nearly everybody fought everybody. I do think boxing takes more talent than MMA though... you see boxers going to MMA but you don't see it the other way around. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

One guy is doing both, I think Nate Diaz?

I appreciate boxing. The sport is corrupt and terribly organized. They need to fix things and fast. MMA is growing because most of the great fighters are under one organization, and the fights happen that the people want to see. Fighters fight. It's good stuff.

I just wish people would realize that MMA as a sport has nothing to do with real-life fighting.

I think boxing is dying slowly... Especially with MMA growing so rapidly and I admit, I LOVE it.. I got into UFC when it first started but I'm beginning to watch UFC again..

Wow me too. I remember watching some of the first ones 15 years ago on my friend's cable descrambler. Just within the last 8 months I have started getting back into it

Looking forward to seeing Sam Peters taking on Wlad Klitchko on the 11th. So if the TV in the vendor room is on ESPN, you'll see me there enjoying my favorite sport. My prediction? Wlad will probably win an UD in a boring grab and hold fight, but it would be great to see Sam do a KTFO of him.

HA! biggest boxing fan right here. im probably not as old as you though ned, so you probably have a few up on me on the boxing history. you should head over to boxingscene.com and post on the forums there - great place. my tag is the same - you can add me, should you sign up.

as far as klitschko goes - he will undoubtedly win over sam peter. he has stated though that he wants to send a message and end this fight early. i wouldn't miss it. whats amazing and a bit funny about ESPN is their schedule is suddenly becoming so much stronger than HBOs! ha! they aired the felix sturm fight, they are also airing vitali and wladimir klitschkos upcoming fights and also lucian butes upcoming fight.

i don't see why you would want peter to knock klitschko out though. they are the only stable fighters in the division. it would lead to another few years of absurd title tossing. they fight beautifully and effectively and almost always end their fights by KO. they beat down their opponents and always show up in fantastic condition. plus if wladimir loses then the delusional david haye fans rejoice. wladimir is recognized as #9 on boxingscenes p4p list and i think #10 on the ring magazines list.

HA! biggest boxing fan right here. im probably not as old as you though ned, so you probably have a few up on me on the boxing history. you should head over to boxingscene.com and post on the forums there - great place. my tag is the same - you can add me, should you sign up. as far as klitschko goes - he will undoubtedly win over sam peter. he has stated though that he wants to send a message and end this fight early. i wouldn't miss it. whats amazing and a bit funny about ESPN is their schedule is suddenly becoming so much stronger than HBOs! ha! they aired the felix sturm fight, they are also airing vitali and wladimir klitschkos upcoming fights and also lucian butes upcoming fight. i don't see why you would want peter to knock klitschko out though. they are the only stable fighters in the division. it would lead to another few years of absurd title tossing. they fight beautifully and effectively and almost always end their fights by KO. they beat down their opponents and always show up in fantastic condition. plus if wladimir loses then the delusional david haye fans rejoice. wladimir is recognized as #9 on boxingscenes p4p list and i think #10 on the ring magazines list.

I go onto some of the forums now and then, haveta try to remember my boxingscene.com log-in. They do seem to have some of the better boxing news of all the sites. As for the fight Sat., I'm just looking for an action fight. IMO Wlad plays it safe too much, that's why HBO stopped airing his fights. I like Vitali more, and it was great to see him beat down Arreola and some others. Anyway, I think Sam will give Wlad all he can handle, and I like to watch high action fights. Maybe I'll see you Sat. watching the fight in the vendor room, and yeah thanx go out to ESPN.

One guy is doing both, I think Nate Diaz? I appreciate boxing. The sport is corrupt and terribly organized. They need to fix things and fast. MMA is growing because most of the great fighters are under one organization, and the fights happen that the people want to see. Fighters fight. It's good stuff. I just wish people would realize that MMA as a sport has nothing to do with real-life fighting.

I just meant in general, but yeah I forgot about that guy, I think you're right on the name. MMA to me almost looks like one corporation or entity is behind the whole thing. They do have their business model together though, and there are alotta fans I'll give em that. Hats off to those who enjoy it. I'm just a boxing purist though.

I think Lance is? I think he's some sorta like kung foo dude?

when Lance King does a push-up he is actually physically pushing the earth down.

Great thread resurrection, especially considering the whopping that Peter took in that fight. I find it funny all the paper tigers that the US boxing world keep trying to trump up against the Europeans, and particularly Wladimir Klitschko. The same people who put down Klitschko hype up guys like Peter, yet are nowhere to be seen when after the fight, when their fighter is shown up. It was the same a couple years ago with Calzaghe.

Great thread resurrection, especially considering the whopping that Peter took in that fight. I find it funny all the paper tigers that the US boxing world keep trying to trump up against the Europeans, and particularly Wladimir Klitschko. The same people who put down Klitschko hype up guys like Peter, yet are nowhere to be seen when after the fight, when their fighter is shown up. It was the same a couple years ago with Calzaghe.

Peter didn't have it together for that fight, definitely. As for the Klit Bros., they are very talented, but boring sometimes to watch. I've thought for quite awhile there needs to be a superheavyweight division, maybe like 235 and up. As it is now, HW is the only division with no limit, the closest would be cruiserweight with a 25 lb. range... and most divisions are less than 10 lbs. range. Let the huge guys fight each other, and the small to medium heavys the same.

As for the upcoming fight w/Vitali vs. Briggs, it will probably be business as usual for the champ... although it would be great to see an action filled back and forth battle at HW for a change.

I think Lance is? I think he's some sorta like kung foo dude?

when Lance King does a push-up he is actually physically pushing the earth down.

:lol::lol:

I've been into MMA since the Royce Gracie days. It was more like "real" fighting back then as there were less rules.(Also why it didn't go over well with some people) I remember those opposed to it called it Human Cock(Roosters) Fighting. As said in an earlier post, it still isn't like real fighting where anything REALLY DOES go.
Also the few boxers I have seen fight MMA have lost, but its a different game. As soon as the boxer connects with a good punch they get taken down, and then they're totally out of their element. If the MMA guy was forced to stand up it would probably be a different outcome, but then it wouldn't be MMA.
I used to really like boxing but people like Mayweather turned me off!!

:lol::lol: I've been into MMA since the Royce Gracie days. It was more like "real" fighting back then as there were less rules.(Also why it didn't go over well with some people) I remember those opposed to it called it Human Cock(Roosters) Fighting. As said in an earlier post, it still isn't like real fighting where anything REALLY DOES go. Also the few boxers I have seen fight MMA have lost, but its a different game. As soon as the boxer connects with a good punch they get taken down, and then they're totally out of their element. If the MMA guy was forced to stand up it would probably be a different outcome, but then it wouldn't be MMA.
I used to really like boxing but people like Mayweather turned me off!!

Gayweather is an asshat, but there's plenty of great boxing matches coming up this fall without him muddying up the picture. Khan/Maidana, Martinez/Williams, Lopez/Marquez, Green/Johnson, Judah/Matthysse, Pacquiao/Margarito, Marquez/Katsidis... list goes on and on.