Any program like InstantDrummer (built in on RiffTracker)?

narcossintese

Nov 4, 2008
Brazil
www.myspace.com
Some years ago I tried RiffTracker, a DAW that comes with Line6 products. It was lame but it had a very handy feature built in called InstantDrummer, that was basically a device that would automatically make drum grooves based on it´s loop database. All you had to do was tweak some parameters and the program would provide all the variations, fills, etc. It was awesome to come up with new ideas on the guitar, better than keep listening to a single static loop.

drummer.jpg

Unfortunatelly the only versions of this thing are the built in on RiffTracker and an iPhone version. Do you guys know any program similar? Can be plugin or standlone. Maybe something that uses a MIDI library instead of prerecorded audio loops. ezPlayer kind of works, but you still have to pick what grooves and fills you want instead of the program randomly improvise.

Yup, Jamstix is great :)
I use it for all my stuff and with a little tweaking I pretty much let it make the grooves.
Another great thing is that you can do a whole drumline in it, and then use any sample software or change it later without having to remap.
Here`s something which was pretty much JS2`s own doing :heh: (through Superior 2):
http://www.box.net/shared/0ny4jaedgl