Any questions for Masterplan or Destruction?

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
Ok I will be in Germany from Friday 'till Monday to interview Masterplan and Destruction.

I will also be able to listen to the new Masterplan cd and see them live.

If anyone has any questions for Masterplan or Destruction, now is the time to let me know because I will leave Friday morning.

I will let you know how it was. :headbang:

Take note (for Masterplan):

1. Mike DiMeo "left" Riot some time ago since he has issues with the touring and so he join another band. Still he sung in the last Riot album. Now he also will sing in Masterplan and I think he will tour with them. Is he the right pick?
  2. Is Masterplan going to take another musical direction?
  3. Will Mike Terrana be able to comply with all his duties now joining Masterplan too?
  4. Having now an American singer will they think about playing in PPVIII or touring USA?
  5. Uli left for Beautiful Sin and the first song of their album is a redo of a Helloween song (pretty bad IMO). Masterplan tried to left Helloween behind and take their own path in metal, did Uli left because he wanted to "helloweenize" the sound of the band? If not why Uli left?

NP: Gutter Sirens - 'The Death of The Day'

[*]Will Mike Terrana be able to comply with all his duties now joining Masterplan too?

Hawk, disregard this question, since Mike has split with Rage... ;)
My question is: will they be doing a headlining tour or again support subpar bands like Hammerfall? Such bands don't deserve to headline when playing with Masterplan!

And the most important of all:
Will they visit Croatia? :D

Wyvern said:
Take note (for Masterplan):
  1. Mike DiMeo "left" Riot some time ago since he has issues with the touring and so he join another band. Still he sung in the last Riot album. Now he also will sing in Masterplan and I think he will tour with them. Is he the right pick?
  2. Is Masterplan going to take another musical direction?
  3. Will Mike Terrana be able to comply with all his duties now joining Masterplan too?
  4. Having now an American singer will they think about playing in PPVIII or touring USA?
  5. Uli left for Beautiful Sin and the first song of their album is a redo of a Helloween song (pretty bad IMO). Masterplan tried to left Helloween behind and take their own path in metal, did Uli left because he wanted to "helloweenize" the sound of the band? If not why Uli left?
NP: Gutter Sirens - 'The Death of The Day'

Thanks for the questions.
Amybe I'll get to use some of those

SickBoy said:
My question is: will they be doing a headlining tour or again support subpar bands like Hammerfall? Such bands don't deserve to headline when playing with Masterplan!

See here:
Untitled Document

SickBoy said:
And the most important of all:
Will they visit Croatia? :D

See the link above.
OK I'll paste it here for you:

Apr. 25 - CRO Zagreb Boogaloo Club (2) :headbang:

Really? Well actually it doesn't surprise me that Mike decided to go with Masterplan. Mike played in Grapow second solo album and he thanked Roland for giving him a new start in Germany. So I guess Mike in owe decided to join a band with his "mentor".

So the question will be: Why you left Rage to join Masterplan? :saint:

Dude, regardless of who the better band is, Hammerfall is MUCH bigger than Masterplan. Hence, Hammerfall would headline because more people come to see them.

Yap, I thought the same when I read the post.

I missed them when they played here with Gamma Ray, being the latter the headliner (in my case I would have skip GR :p) . Now if they played together with Hammerfall, I wouldn't care who opens love both and welcome the metal overdose :headbang:

NP: Thrasher - 'Never Say Die'

Dude, regardless of who the better band is, Hammerfall is MUCH bigger than Masterplan. Hence, Hammerfall would headline because more people come to see them.

naaa, don't think so....Same as the Benedictum gig we're gonna see in 2 weeks, Benedictum is the headliner and Doro is closing for them ... :p

Right! Last time I checked Masterplan lost the person that the fans identify with when they hear the name Masterplan...

I'm sure a lot of people identified Iron Maiden with Paul Di'Anno back in '81 too...

Give the new Masterplan a chance, people. They haven't released a single song yet and all I see is people whining how they've "lost their spirit" or "tarnished the legacy of Masterplan" or whatever. And when they finally do release the new stuff these people have indoctrinated themselves so deeply already that they have to trash the album just to save face and be able to say they "already saw it coming, RIP Masterplan, bring back Jorn, boo-hoo". I know it's been the same with every lineup change ever but still, ignore whatever "expectations" there may be and take the music as it is, thank you. Damn.

Btw, this rant wasn't aimed at Sixx at all but was rather about the general mood I've gathered of this new Masterplan line-up.:)

edit: And what do you know, just found this on BWBK news:
MASTERPLAN will issue a new EP entitled Lost And Gone through AFM Records on January 26th. It will be the band's first release with their new line-up featuring Mike DiMeo (RIOT/vocals), Roland Grapow (guitars), Mike Terrana (ex-RAGE/drums), Jan S. Eckert (bass) and Axel Mackenrott (keyboards). Their fulll length studio album will be released in February; a concrete date is expected to be revealed soon.

edit: And what do you know, just found this on BWBK news:

MASTERPLAN will issue a new EP entitled Lost And Gone through AFM Records on January 26th. It will be the band's first release with their new line-up featuring Mike DiMeo (RIOT/vocals), Roland Grapow (guitars), Mike Terrana (ex-RAGE/drums), Jan S. Eckert (bass) and Axel Mackenrott (keyboards). Their fulll length studio album will be released in February; a concrete date is expected to be revealed soon.

Damn cool, eager to check it.

Yeah, I know about their Saxon support slot in Zagreb for quite some time...
I was thinking more in terms of headlining performance with those questions. ;)

I'm well aware of the facts, it's just me venting my frustrations... :lol:
In fact, the first time I heard about Masterplan was when my friends returned from a Hammerfall gig in Budapest with Masterplan supporting them. ALL of them were raving about this awesome new band with awesome songs and they've never heard any of their stuff before! Almost no one said a word about Hammerfall... Meh, forget it. :kickass: