The Frost-Kreator-Masterplan-Saxon weekend

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
a quick little review of the bands we saw this weekend;

Celtic Frost : Doomie as allways..."Here stops the fun, we are Celtic Frost" :headbang:
Very good gig again, slow new songs and faster old songs are well balanced throughout the show. The gig I saw in a small club last year was more intense I think, but still, great show.

Kreator : Vocals in the beginning were a bit off, but went better after a few songs. Lot of messing with the backdrop screen wich annoyed me alot, very unproffesional light guys !!
But music was okay, very hard, very fast, great public! Not my favorit band but far above avarage show!!

Masterplan : For those who were afraid Masterplan would die after Jorn left.; I can assure you they are NOT !! Great show, the whole sounded alot better (also read: heavier!) than the last Masterplan show with Jorn. The band sounds alot harder than the last period with Jorn, wich is a good thing. Vocals are good, new songs with song lines for DiMeo will improve the show though. Cool drumsolo from Terrana offcourse, one of the best metal drummers around for sure!

Saxon; The first 45 minutes I was thinking ; god damned, when are they gonna play a song I know ?? (okay, my interest in Saxon went away after Power & Glory or so and they did lots of songs of the new album) ... Luckely they heard my calls and there all the classics came !! Great show again,public went totally crazy ! I think except for "Strong arm of the Law" we got all the classics in this show that lasted over 2 houres.

So...4 great sold out gigs , hopefully more to come these months !

sounds like a great time! so jealous you've gotten to see Masterplan, twice now!! Great to hear Masterplan is sounding good and I like what you said about being a bit heavier now.:headbang:

How those geezers in Saxon manage to play over two hours a night is beyond me, but they do. They have been playing long sets these last couple years......chalk one up for the "old" guys. Saxon!!!!!

Saxon; The first 45 minutes I was thinking ; god damned, when are they gonna play a song I know ?? (okay, my interest in Saxon went away after Power & Glory or so and they did lots of songs of the new album) ... Luckely they heard my calls and there all the classics came !! Great show again,public went totally crazy ! I think except for "Strong arm of the Law" we got all the classics in this show that lasted over 2 houres.

So cool they play new material that shows confidence and that they're not another band living of past glories :headbang: . Wish I would have been there :erk:

NP: Yes - 'Rejoice'

partial Saxon setlist I found;

Princess of the Night
Wheels of Steel
Crusader
To Hell and Back Again
747 (Strangers in the Night)
Motorcycle Man
Dallas 1 PM
And the Bands Played On
Denim and Leather
Power & the Glory
Forever Free
The Great White Buffalo
Killing Ground
Witchfinder General
Red Star Falling
Let Me Feel Your Power
I've Got to Rock (to Stay Alive)
If I Was You
Ashes to Ashes
Atilla the Hun

And thanx to the numerous Belgian bootleggers you can enjoy some songs of this Saxon gig :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsSeeSn0cpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfWdsStdk-Q

Sounds like a great show my brother. I would like to have seen that. I am not big into the aggressive vox, but Kreator actually has some really catchy stuff.
Masterplan can still survive as well... so you said. Maybe there is life after Jorn. I am a total Urban Breed nut, but I believe Tad Morose will freaking make an awesome release without him..

Bryant

Going to them on all 6 dates of the UK tour starting tomorrow in Glasgow. Cannot fucking wait !
Cheers for posting the clip
:kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

Thats killer Dave!! Have fun. :)

The weekend was great although I was very tired. Thanks to carnut and hi wife for the hospitality! Again! :)

Seeing Celtic live again was great. They were HEAVY!!

Kreator were great as well. The troubles with the projection screen did not bother me that much. Kreator played a lot of fast songs. I really enjoyed their gig!

I was glad that Masterplan could play a longer set the next day. Mike Terrana is really a sight to behold. His presence was really noticeable during the gig. Too bad the guitarsound was too low in the mix.

Saxon ruled! Its really simple. The are professionals and they give all they have in a set that lasted more than 2 hours! You have to respect those guys. When you get the chance to see them don't miss it!