March at last !!!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
After 2 boring months finally some concerts again !!
Friday Hawk, me and some other friends will visit the Kreator/Celtic Frost gig and Saturday Masterplan/Saxon.
2 months with only the Panic Cell gig worth mentioning was
pretty quiet :p

Later on this month there will be the presentation of the new Sun Caged album, very curious about that, the first one I concider pretty much a masterpiece so ...

KIT coming up in a month too, something to look forward to each time !!

Hmm my buddy carnut does not mention, perhaps he does not realize, that I'll be seeing the German technical death-metal band Necrophagist in Den Bosch monday evening.

Soooo Saturday Kreator/Celtic, Sunday Masterplan/Saxon and Monday Necrophagist. Looking forward to all bands!

Well have fun! Oh and some comments on the performance of the new Masterplan would be nice, the new album's solid and I'm seeing that very same show a few months from now. I doubt they'll disappoint live either.

I'm actually having a nice concert run myself soon: Brother Firetribe, Machine Men and Tarot on three consecutive saturdays.:kickass:

Well have fun! Oh and some comments on the performance of the new Masterplan would be nice, the new album's solid and I'm seeing that very same show a few months from now. I doubt they'll disappoint live either.

I'm actually having a nice concert run myself soon: Brother Firetribe, Machine Men and Tarot on three consecutive saturdays.:kickass:

Wow! Cool. I never heard of Brother Firetribe but I would love to see Machine Men live. Their latest album is just great!

Wow! Cool. I never heard of Brother Firetribe but I would love to see Machine Men live. Their latest album is just great!

Brother Firetribe is a very 80s Van Halen/Journey -sounding project of Nightwish guitarist Emppu Vuorinen. They're great fun but you really have to live in the 80s mentally to appreciate this band.:p

I want to see Kreator/Celtic Frost, but getting there and back is looking to be a problem. I hope all who're seeing them enjoy themselves (and everyone enjoys their other respective concerts too).

The only thing I'm looking forward to in March (for the moment at least) is the new Type O Negative album.

Brother Firetribe is a very 80s Van Halen/Journey -sounding project of Nightwish guitarist Emppu Vuorinen. They're great fun but you really have to live in the 80s mentally to appreciate this band.:p

Thanks for the info tsorl. Just been on their Myspace and liked what I heard :) Gonna check them out.

That is an awesome lineup of upcoming stuff. Celtic and Saxon will be great shows.

Speaking for me, upcoming are:

The Mars Volta
Heaven and Hell
Lisa Gerrard
ISIS
I might shell out to see Dimmu Borgir, just for grins.
Also, might go to the Y&T shows at the Independent. One night they are playing Earthshaker, the next In Rock we Trust. In fact I'll probably definately go to the second.

Oh, and I just bought tickets to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama, but that doesn't count as show I suppose. Slayer is opening.

I just discovered Brother Firetribe recently and I like what I have heard... I ordered their CD and it should be here soon. I am very much looking forward to it.

Check out their sound at: www.brotherfiretribe.com

:headbang:

hey Carnut & Hawk :wave:

I haven't been to any gig in months :(
Really wanted to go to Brainstorm in Bochum Germany in December, because I hadn't seen my homies in a while and possibly won't ever seen them again because we hope to be moving to Canada by the end of the year :guh: But Nico got sick and it was too late (and too much hassle) to go on my own by train for hours and stay at a friend's place etc.
Last weekend we sort of planned to see Pain Of Salvation, but we didn't feel like going at all. I'm afraid our focus is on our emigration plans so much that it takes up our time, energy and interest for the most part.

Don't know what's planned in the next months, don't know of anything right now - Bang Your Head has a killer bill (again) but we won't be able to afford it anymore (again because of the emigration hehe). That's one event we will miss terribly!!

Really wanted to go to Brainstorm in Bochum Germany in December, because I hadn't seen my homies in a while and possibly won't ever seen them again because we hope to be moving to Canada by the end of the year :guh: But Nico got sick and it was too late (and too much hassle) to go on my own by train for hours and stay at a friend's place etc.
Last weekend we sort of planned to see Pain Of Salvation, but we didn't feel like going at all. I'm afraid our focus is on our emigration plans so much that it takes up our time, energy and interest for the most part.

Don't know what's planned in the next months, don't know of anything right now - Bang Your Head has a killer bill (again) but we won't be able to afford it anymore (again because of the emigration hehe). That's one event we will miss terribly!!

Well, Marlies, I just hope I'll see you and Nico again before you guys fly over to Canada! Otherwise indeed the chance also will be quit small we'll ever meet again outside the internet !! You will be missed at live gigs, but I expect Nico to take some great pics from the Canadien surroundings !

Marlies said:

Hey Marlies :wave:

We will be sad to see you both go. :ill: But I think you both will be happy over there. :) Chances are however, that you both will miss the European metal scene enormously!

Anyway it would be nice to see you both before you will leave these shores forever. Keep us updated of any plans.

Henri

hey guys! I don't want anyone to be sad, but of course it's in a way nice to know that we will be missed :)

I think we will occasionally miss the European scene, or more so, the tours where we can see pretty much all our favorite bands and mostly festivals like Bang Your Head and ProgPower. That has been on our mind a lot in the past years for this was a big disadvantage for us. But I've seen so much over the past 26 or so years, that I don't feel so bad anymore about saying goodbye to that. And it feels like we are already slowly saying goodbye to it. I already started to get a bit pickier about what show to go or not to go to (also an age thing I guess) and now even more, but on the other hand I do look forward to what we will get in return: a good local metal scene with some exciting bands and a good crowd we already know a lot of people of (and they make us feel very welcome, that's awesome too). It's hard to know how our financial situation will be, but if we come back for vacation to Europe and we can afford it, we might try to combine it with a BYH or PP :)

But hey.. that's still a while away... we will see each other before that I'm sure!!

Wow that's one hell of a life change Marlies! All the best on your adventure :)

My forthcoming gigs in Paris :
- A.C.T
- Kreator / Celtic Frost (maybe)
- Deep Purple
- Toto (maybe)
- Saxon / Masterplan
- Kamelot

+ Keep It True festival of course!

I didn't know anything about it actually, maybe because I haven't been to Brainstorm board for a while... :oops:

UM is so huge! And free time is so limited :D
I should at least lurk a little more in the bands' forums...

yeah i went to a concert too...

except it was a ska concert and i skanked all night, like a strange, out-of-place penguin.

it was fun you asshole. now stop laughing.

Why be so defensive? I actually like ska. Its not my favorite kind of music but some of the old school ska bands I really like.

I didn't know anything about it actually, maybe because I haven't been to Brainstorm board for a while... :oops:

UM is so huge! And free time is so limited :D
I should at least lurk a little more in the bands' forums...

oh I know, lately it's been a bit low at work, so that's why I managed to post on a few boards beyond the two I moderate :lol:

but I didn't mean because of posts here.. you are in my (email) addressbook so I thought you would have gotten my mass-email-xmas card/wishes and I talked about it in that mail. Maybe you missed it between all the other xmas mails, but I hope I do have a good email address of you (it didn't bounce)?? I don't know right now which one it is.. I'll pm you from home with it.