Any Reviews From the Sanctuary Tour?

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
Just wondering how the shows have been going - I'll be heading way out into the boonies to catch them in Ramona on Saturday and was hoping to hear about the setlists, merch, etc.

Thanks!

Here is the setlist from Sunday night in Portland. I can't remember the order, but these are the songs they did from each disc:

Battle Angels
Die For My Sins
Soldiers of Steel
Sanctuary
White Rabbit

Future Tense
Taste Revenge
(no Long Since Dark :( )
The Mirror Black
Seasons of Destruction

Arise and Purify
Let the Serpent Follow Me
Exitium
Question Existence Fading
Frozen

The vocals were a little too soft (volume, not delivery), but otherwise it was all good. This show forced my brother to end his 20 year self-imposed exile from concerts, and he had no complaints.

Edit: I didn't really look at the merch, but I think they had three different shirts available. I shot my merch wad at the King Diamond show in Seattle a couple weeks earlier.

Thanks bud - lots of good tunes there, was hoping for "Communion" but hard to complain! I hope people are getting out to the shows - part of me wishes they could have gotten a prime opening slot for a bigger band, but I'm also happy to have much more time for them to play more songs.

San Diego has some nice craft beers I noticed

San Diego is a huge craft beer town - if anybody is into that then this is a great place to visit (among many other reasons).

As far as the show here, it was an "intimate evening" which isn't surprising considering where the venue is - it's a great place and they book a lot of metal, but just so far out of San Diego proper that it has to be tough to draw big crowds. Warrel said it was the last of the dates on this west coast swing and that they were flying back home, so I'm not sure what kind of other tour plans they have. The undisputed MVP of the night was the drummer Dave, he was a monster behind the kit with a ton of energy and passion. He probably hasn't gotten as much praise as he should for his work on the new CD - he isn't super flashy or overly technical but the guy beat the hell out his drums that night and gave everything a really aggressive edge. The new songs mixed in well with the old stuff and Warrel did his best to hit the old-school high notes with Brad even pitching in on some additional vocals. I'm still cranking TYTSD every day and I think it holds up really well after repeated listens - hopefully the guys can keep it rolling with some more dates for the rest of the country (and beyond).

Nc man I am based in Sydney_australia and the first one I saw
Was a company called Serra Nevada ...there not from San
But Seattle???