any singers/growlers here?

Hedon-

vic firth 2b
Apr 24, 2008
ever happened to you that you were doing your shit for a lot of hours straight and the next day you couldnt because your throat felt weird? what is it exactly? throat muscle pulled?

ever happened to you that you were doing your shit for a lot of hours straight and the next day you couldnt because your throat felt weird? what is it exactly? throat muscle pulled?

I've had my throat feeling sore, but never unable to produce a rough note, at least not that I can recall. Soz mate!

What were you having fun with anyways?

i growl for a long time, for me the low death growls are about as easy as speaking, but that one night i wanted to try clean singing! so yeah i was singing+growling from like 1 am to 5 am with opeth/katatonia. proof clean is harder than death vocals! my voice is so low that even harvest chorus was hard for me, i hope such shit improves as you keep singing.
i dont think im unable to do anything, i just feel it wouldnt be too good for my throat right now. i hope this goes away soon so i can keep raising hell l0l0l

are you singing along to songs? perhaps you are singing out of your own range, this puts alot of pressure on your vocal chords

yeah thats probably it.. im trying to reach heights (which would be no problem for the average guy i think =|) and put alot of effort to barely get it

The key is to relax. When trying to hit higher notes don't tense your throat muscles, this is what's causing the pain the next day.

If you're trying to hit notes where you actually have to tense your throat - don't try to hit them! Just use falsetto or wait until your voice gets used to the above which will entail more range.