Any Story-based Metal bands?

Erebus Elysium

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2013
I'm what I like to call a "Fable Witch" (because I haven't thought of a better name for it), a witch and pagan who obtain's his/her beliefs and magic from stories (fairy tales, fables, books, campfire stories, etc.) and whatever he/she can obtain from them. Characters are the deities and their actions shape our actions, because the gods and goddesses humanity were given their names, shapes and life from the humans that believe in them. I'm also a Fallibalist, so I can believe that these kind of things can actually, literally happen somewhere somehow in someway and we just don't see it. :cool: This gives me a way to make sense of things just as it does for everybody, but unlike many other beliefs, I try to remind myself that they are just that; stories. I can accept them as false just as I can accept them as true, either in our world or in another. I can believe that places like Neverland, Wonderland, Oz, Narnia, etc. are true-blue tangible places in one form or another just as much as any afterlife or fae realm or mortal coil can, and any other place we as a land of intelligent individuals can create merely out of theory or whimsy.

Anyway, I'm looking for bands that would fill my quota on this kind of topic. Metal music that tell stories or are based on famous shit like Alice in Wonderland or Wizard of Oz and other famous stuff like this. And before you recommend them to me, I already found 2 bands that fit this quota.

First we have "Ahab", a Funeral Doom metal band that based themselves off of the timeless tale of Mobey Dick and other Whale-based stories of doom and despair.
watch

It's dark, it's dank and it's powerful.

The second band is this Christian neo-classical progressive power metal band (of all things) called "Narnia". Obviously, they base their music off of The Chronicles of Narnia, right down to having Aslan on nearly all of their alum covers. I know what your thing, "Christian Metal"? Well they're actually kind of cool. It's power metal, to it has that kind of flair to get you by.
watch

Are there any other metal bands that I should know about?

Summoning, Caladan Brood, Eternal Champion, Cirith Ungol, too many others to mention. Lord of the Rings, Malazan Book of the Fallen, The Eternal Champion, and Elric of Melnibone are their respective stories.

Also, derp, Blind Guardian have a whole concept album based on the Silmarillion.

Falling up's album, Fangs! is pretty good, though it is not metal. awesome story album nonetheless. grab for the pot as you are listening to this.