bands like Incantation?

Feb 14, 2010
Hey,

I have just recently got into the band Incantation and they are fucking amazing. I just love the great oldschool brutal atmosphere that all their songs have. It's very riffed based and IMO has great quality recording without losing any of that oldschool deathmetal feel. (unlike Nile or Suffocation, i can hear all the riffs perfectly, but it's just as dark and crushing)

Any other bands like them i should know about?

Thanks in advance!

Also, if there are any other death metal bands more like Suffocation that you think I should check out would be great too!

Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Funebrarum - Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods
Rottrevore - Iniquitous
Burial Invocation - Rituals of the Grotesque
Disciples of Mockery - Prelude to Apocalypse
Disma - Vault of Membros

Wow thanks alot guys! So far i have checked out Dead Congregation, Infester, Necros Christos, and got the latest Immolation album and am loving them all!

I was extremely surprised at how good Dead Congregation is. Usually i don't like many newer bands but these guys are sick, :kickass:

So many more bands to check out. And thanks Krow for linking your old thread. Alot of great recommendations there too. I should have searched first. :oops:

Wow thanks alot guys! So far i have checked out Dead Congregation, Infester, Necros Christos, and got the latest Immolation album and am loving them all!

I got a list of recommendations the other month from someone who generally doesn't care much for Death Metal...

it had Incantation, Necros Christos, and Dead Congregation on it, so maybe the others he mentioned are worth checking out:

Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
The Absence - Riders of the Plague
Luciferion - The Apostate
The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Sanguis Imperem - The Stagnation of Centuries
Necrodaemon - Prophecy of the Decadent

Any other bands like them i should know about?

You're in luck, because right now there's a whole cottage industry within the underground of neo-Incantation rehashes that nobody will give a crap about 5 years from now. Happy listening, friend.