Nile, Origin, Necrophagist like recommendations

Gravatrax

Gravatrax
Mar 16, 2011
Nile is probably one of my favorite bands of all time, I figure in terms of talent, skill, brutalness? they are the bar. :D atleast imo of course. I've been listening bands such as Brain Drill, Benighted, Decapitated, Suffocation, and hmmm what was that other one ohh Spawn of Possession, all are pretty good and talented bands imo. anything to add to my list?

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to check them out. I'm acquainted with Deicide (prefer old stuff) and Immolation. I keep hearing good things about Obscura, I think one of Necros guitarist was in that band?

Spawn of Posession
Pavor
The Faceless
Theory In Practice

Although none of these bands sound like Necrophagist, or even Nile for that matter.

I'll have to check out some of the stuff mentioned I've not heard.

yea id say Obscura is easily the best technical death metal band right now, Cosmogenesis is already one of my all time favorites and Omnivium, so far, is album of the year for me.

other great technical death metal bands for OP top check out (other than the ones he mentioned)

Gorguts
Gorod
Death - Symbolic, TSoP
Pestilence - TotA, Spheres
Demilich
Martyr
Decrepit Birth
Quo Vadis
Psycroptic
The Faceless
Atheist
Gory Blister
Cryptopsy
Augury

Cephalic Carnage's new album isn't bad either.

+1000 for a lot of those, Martyr is a big favorite for me, took me a while to get used to the vocals...but great stuff right there. I want a new one from them !! Psycroptic kicks major ass as well, symbols of failure is one of my favorite tech death albums