Any tips or advice for my 1st mix clip

Sentiments

New Metal Member
Nov 8, 2012
Hello

I have been looking around on this forum for a few weeks now and finally decided to register

I've recently started trying to produce/record my own tracks

My equipment is

Line 6 Pod GX with Pod farm 2
Kontakt 5 with drum samples
Cubase 5

Here is my first attempt at trying to record my own track , i would be very grateful for any bits of advice on it

http://soundcloud.com/verityproject/metalcore_attempt

Your source sounds are good, but you need volume! I have my monitors cranked up about halfway just to hear it. Guitars could use a little more 800hz-ish warmth and body, and the bass could be much more audible.

Your source sounds are good, but you need volume! I have my monitors cranked up about halfway just to hear it. Guitars could use a little more 800hz-ish warmth and body, and the bass could be much more audible.

Thank you , I think i must of done something wrong on cubase as the guitars are wacked up all the way , maybe its cause there in mono ? I actually need to record bass

Thanks for your advice man!

Thank you , I think i must of done something wrong on cubase as the guitars are wacked up all the way , maybe its cause there in mono ? I actually need to record bass

Thanks for your advice man!

It a really good sound your getting but as he said, you need more volume on the guitars and they shouldnt be in mono. that can be a big problem, record 2 different guitars and pan first guitar 100% left and second guitar 100% right (They should be Sterero). please post your progress, would love to hear :)

^^It seems a bit too peaky. Maybe you should limit/clip it more to get the desired volume.
I'm also curious about the drums. Can you share what samples and processing did you use?

Cheers guys , All i did with the snare was load up a chango snare sample into Kontakt , and used a small bit of EQ , I'm still a massive amateur at all of this production stuff , so I'm still working on my sounds