Any twitter users out there?

My ignorant ass has refused to figure out what twitter is solely based on the fact that the name is so gay. I still have no idea what it does.

what it's name implies, you "tweet". Yeah it's pathetically gay. I use it mostly for a "news feed" when I follow bands and stuff I care about (and blabbermouth), and also for fun, I follow Peter Griffin which is hilarious, and I also follow some people from here just for the sake of it like Ryan, Joey, Brian, oh and I added most of you here who I didn't have

My ignorant ass has refused to figure out what twitter is solely based on the fact that the name is so gay. I still have no idea what it does.

twitter is a social networking site where people answer the question "What are you doing?" via tweets in 140 characters or less. these "answers" are called tweets.

you can follow people, and people can follow you.

you have a "twitter feed" which is a collection of all the tweets from the people you are following.

example:
if i am following ross robinson, and he tweets about an amp setup, it will show up on my twitter feed as a link to a picture, and i can see it. this is all in real time. i can then reply to him and it will show up in his mention feed where he will see my response to his tweet.

so you can see, its easy to become a few steps away from people you'd never normally interact with. i actually got production tips from imogen heap, via twitter.