Anybody else collect vinyls?

P1010084.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010087.jpg

I have ALOT more. I just haven't taken pictures of them

Yep, been collecting since I was just a little kid! Of course my interests have evolved over the years....but there's nothing quite like the smell of new vinyl, and all the great pix, the bonus goodies, etc, no matter what! I scored some cool stuff over the years, especially when I was going to the Pittsburgh collectors' conventions pretty steadily...including a rare picture disc version of an Exodus, that was apparently one of a limited edition because the original artwork was banned for being way too gross/violent or something. There's a place near me that's fun to spend a rainy day and lotsa cash...Slitheryn had a ball when I took them there in 2001...but unfortunately they were closed when I tried to take Ray (EdensFall) there in December by the time I got off work...
http://www.flipmall.com/flipmap.htm

You guys will have to find all the cool places for record shopping in the Chicago area and clue me in when I get moved out there.

Will - You lucky bastard, you have Seventh Star AND We Sold Our Souls For Rock And Roll... The only two legitimate Sabbath releases I don't have... Also, holy shit @ Candlemass.

I need to take a picture of my collection. It's hanging up all around in my room in various states of disarray... The only "new" vinyl I have (since I think everything I have is pretty much 1990 and earlier) is Opeth - Ghost Reveries. I picked it up on vinyl last year.

indeed. stayed at the same hotel as the bands

That's awesome man.
Missing those BWBK fests were big regrets.
Though admittingly, I was not as much of a Candlemass fan when that fest came around as I am now.
Though damn, I think of all the great bands that played over those couple of years, like Katatonia, Grave Digger, Primal Fear, Trouble, Candlemass, etc.

That's awesome man.
Missing those BWBK fests were big regrets.
Though admittingly, I was not as much of a Candlemass fan when that fest came around as I am now.
Though damn, I think of all the great bands that played over those couple of years, like Katatonia, Grave Digger, Primal Fear, Trouble, Candlemass, etc.

Ahhh, Grave Digger... Would love to see them, Candlemass, and Trouble.

Wow, I just went vinyl shopping over the weekend... Not a single Black Sabbath or Dio vinyl was left sitting around.

I did find Armored Saint - Raising Fear and Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise on vinyl though; and picked up Savatage - Edge of Thorns on CD.

On a note related to vinyl: I got a free record player/8-track player/tape deck combo... it doesn't work, so I have something to fiddle around with... maybe turn it into a battlebot

Somewhere at my parents house I have an Alice Cooper 8 Track, as well as a few KISS ones.

Growing up, we used to jam to cassettes through the 8 track adapter that would fit into the car 8 track player. I bet very few of you know what the hell I am talking about!! :lol:

Oh, and BTW, for anyone who seriously don't know anything about 8 tracks, they were hands down the WORST format in the history of audio.

Albums are separated in quarters. Therefore, you couldn't skip from track to track, only from fourth to fourth. So you would skip right to the middle of a song. A complete mess!